PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

spamftw is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Software to help me not die?

sorry for the over dramatic title, but I do need some ideas.

I'll be leaving shortly to head to the Airport in Milwaukee (about a 2 hour drive) and was hoping to get some software capable of real-time traffic updates? or real-time doppler? or really anything you think my help me not die (the roads are very bad, and there have been many accidents, and a 20 car pileup already today).

I currently have Garmin which I know offers some services like traffic updates, but just curious if anyone had any better ideas?

please respond asap,
thanks,
spamftw

ps i have the htc touch
Old 12-22-2008, 05:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint

dblanchard is a n00b
Re: Software to help me not die?

Hey man,

Sorry you didn't get a response in time. I hope you made it safely. My only suggestion would have been to use local traffic cameras and news updates. I have a friend learning to write Java apps for Windows Mobile, so I'll ask him for an app that connects to web services for traffic and weather based on location. Too late for you this time, but perhaps he'll have it ready for next time.

D
Old 12-22-2008, 07:54 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanchard View Post
Hey man,

Sorry you didn't get a response in time. I hope you made it safely. My only suggestion would have been to use local traffic cameras and news updates. I have a friend learning to write Java apps for Windows Mobile, so I'll ask him for an app that connects to web services for traffic and weather based on location. Too late for you this time, but perhaps he'll have it ready for next time.

D
heres a trafficcam app. that works perfect. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45939
Old 12-23-2008, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700,6800,6900,Touch Pro ,
Carrier: sprint

tc32brat is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to tc32brat

i would have told him to be a smart, aggressive driver and just go. you don't need an app for intersection cameras if you just stop at all of them..... if you don't have time to stop for all of them, leave sooner. the aggressive part in bad weather, the more aggressive you are, the more you will concentrate. so drink that coffee and kick some bad traffic butt

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software