PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: psshutxp- VGA/Diamond/Pro Version here

I'd create a shortcut to psshutxp, and rename it Long_Power. If you place that shortcut in the /Windows directory, psshutxp will be opened everytime you hold the main powerbutton for 2-3 seconds so you can soft reset your TP by using one hardware key + quick tap on the screen.

I hate having the poke the reset button lol
Old 12-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Bah. I see. Back to googling then lol.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 12-24-2008, 04:07 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedog1 View Post
Are you serious? The app obviously won't be used under that circumstance.

Being a PPCGEEK, you are always doing regedits, wanting to free up leaked memory, and soft resetting is something that is done often. This makes it a hella lot easier and quicker.
No need to get touchy. Just seem to see what the problem is with waiting a few seconds holding the power button in to reset. But oh well.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 12-24-2008, 04:15 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!
Threadstarter

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
I'd create a shortcut to psshutxp, and rename it Long_Power. If you place that shortcut in the /Windows directory, psshutxp will be opened everytime you hold the main powerbutton for 2-3 seconds so you can soft reset your TP by using one hardware key + quick tap on the screen.

I hate having the poke the reset button lol
Nice find.

but,

If you have to wait 2-3 seconds and still tap the screen. Would'nt it be faster just to do it the regular way? For example, the psshutxp shortcut is on my home screen. Tap it twice. Done.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:17 PM
Almost a VIP

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

There are too frequent moments when those few seconds becomes a hassle in our lives, and perhaps that's why someone came up with the software/program.

I personally love it, and it's one of the most programs I use on my Touch Pro. Anyways, nuff about the off topic.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:19 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Nice find.

but,

If you have to wait 2-3 seconds and still tap the screen. Would'nt it be faster just to do it the regular way? For example, the psshutxp shortcut is on my home screen. Tap it twice. Done.
I assume that would be pretty nice but I use TF3D and would put it in my app tab. All work ok and I would probably definately use if i was just using the today screen where it was a tap away.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:19 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Threadstarter

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
No need to get touchy. Just seem to see what the problem is with waiting a few seconds holding the power button in to reset. But oh well.
Didnt mean to come across as touchy. So I apologize.

Its a lot longer process than that.

You need to remove your back cover, take out your stylus, look for the hole, depress it, put cover back on, and then put stylus back in slot.

It's just easier to tap a button on your screen and be done with it
Old 12-24-2008, 04:20 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
I assume that would be pretty nice but I use TF3D and would put it in my app tab. All work ok and I would probably definately use if i was just using the today screen where it was a tap away.
You can place it in your start menu as well.....just a thought.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Almost a VIP

I just tried to put the couple of pic files, not exec one to the program folder, and does not work at all.

Darn it though. It is a nice skin for it.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:22 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
You can place it in your start menu as well.....just a thought.
True. I tend to not ever use the start menu. lol. Guess i forget its there. Oh well. Sorry I butted in. Ill let you guys get back on topic.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software