PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2007, 06:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: bgtel

sheitaneous is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
new Pocket PC Freeware site

Hello,

i just wanted to share with you this great web site

FreeWare

with more than 6000 freeware titles to download !

Enjoy
Old 06-12-2007, 08:48 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Added link
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint

ls6tt is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to ls6tt
Re: new Pocket PC Freeware site

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheitaneous
Hello,

i just wanted to share with you this great web site

FreeWare

with more than 6000 freeware titles to download !

Enjoy
I assume this is your site. Decent overall, but hard to navigate.

Can you reverse the location of the ads? Put them more towards the bottom versus right at the top? I almost closed the site if it wasnt for the few apps on the home page when I scrolled down.

edit: nevermind, sorry to say, but that site sucks, apps repeat themselves, no real "sections" to look for apps.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700Wx

Xxsrt4xX is a n00b
This is old news sorry to say. Decent site though. Only problem is the multitude of foreign apps.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

CHUFLY29 is a n00b
the HTC apps listed at the beginning are fantastic! I'm using the dialer, comm-manager and audio-manager. The HTC-Touch-Home Today plugin only seems to work on WM6 though .
Old 06-14-2007, 03:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: bgtel
Threadstarter

sheitaneous is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls6tt

Can you reverse the location of the ads? Put them more towards the bottom versus right at the top? I almost closed the site if it wasnt for the few apps on the home page when I scrolled down.

edit: nevermind, sorry to say, but that site sucks, apps repeat themselves, no real "sections" to look for apps.
I assume you have never had a web site, since you dont understand that we need to have support from ads to pay for the traffic, but nevermind. We've used a completely new type of tag orientated navigation, which helps alot and you are the first user EVER to say he has a problem with the navigation. Nevermind again its not a webamster forum.

It's all about the freeware and i hope everyone enjoy free apps, especialy good free titles.

thanks for all the suggestions.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheitaneous
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls6tt

I assume you have never had a web site, since you dont understand that we need to have support from ads to pay for the traffic, but nevermind. We've used a completely new type of tag orientated navigation, which helps alot and you are the first user EVER to say he has a problem with the navigation. Nevermind again its not a webamster forum.

It's all about the freeware and i hope everyone enjoy free apps, especialy good free titles.

thanks for all the suggestions.
LOL, i currently operate a personal site for non business ls6tt.com

I am the operations manager for THREE e-commerce sites for a large jewelry company in North America; son, im the last person you should get pissy with when giving suggestions.

And sorry, I do have an issue with it, it is a PPC based site, but has WM5 and WM6 all mixed.
There are apps that are trials and freeware (these should be sectioned off).
There are some apps with little explanation on what it is.
It seems to be user suggested data which cannot be sure is functional nor safe. (Hell you have rlToday on the site when the owner specifically asks the app to not be hosted, but to be linked to the site)

These are suggestions to improve the flow and use of your site, nothing more nothing less. It does seem that your site has MORE apps then any of the others I see; however, with the current style of inability to narrow a search (and not show repeats) it will be a low ended site for suggestions.

Good start, needs work, thats all I am saying.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

dienalive is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dienalive
ok

average joe here just likes goofing with his ppc and apps. in the year or so I've been visiting different freeware sites and forums the one thing I hate most is all the assholes who think they know everything. all sheitaneous was doing was trying to be friendly and turn us onto a great site for programs. 99% of us appreciate it but then there are those few who are so effen critical of everything. in this case you ls6tt. just because it doesn't meet your standards doesn't mean 'this site sucks' why wouldn't a 'thank you' have fit in somewhere in your long list of wrongs? 'Good start, needs work, thats all I am saying.' NO thats not all youre saying. that's 1% of what you said. I for 1 appreciate the link. and you ls6tt, I hope the big blah blah commerce sites look better than the ls6tt.com one. there is nothing to it. the ppcfreeware has so much more time invested in it than yours. and one more thing 'getting pissy?' uhh you were the one getting pissy bro. ok now ill be waiting for your criticism of me even though you don't know anything about me. I'm sure you will come up with some bullshit!
Old 06-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Easy everyone...

...let's just step away from the crack pipe.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Honestly reading my posts, I think I came off as a jerk and honestly did not mean do.

I honestly got frustrated by the site and just vented a bit. My apologies.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software