PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon
Re: Skyfire New Version

Guys it's a known problem that some proxy servers on Skyfires end DO NOT stream audio, it's been this way for months now, if you connect to Skyfire and find audio not working, simply disconnect and restart Skyfire. Chances are you'll be connected to an proxy server that features audio stream (as most of them do).

Hope this clears up the confustion.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S7 Edge
Carrier: T-Mobile

caseyatbt is just getting started

Am I the only one that it takes several minutes to start everytime and sometimes it just times out and freezes on the loading page.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Brent212 is just getting started

Anyone else have this problem? --

I'll click on a link, or manually type a URL in the top bar, and Skyfire will act like it's going to the new page, but instead just reload the current page. Sometimes it takes only 1 or 2 tries to get the new page to load instead of the current one, sometimes it'll take so many that I give up, and sometimes it goes straight to it.

I actually just noticed this identical problem occur in Opera Mini when I was browsing allmusic.com. I think that's the first time I've seen it in Opera Mini, but it happens all the time in Skyfire.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:48 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

With skyfire, all the time for me... Opera Mini, not at all.

Thanks T M Z
Old 01-07-2009, 05:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well, not opera mini, but opera mobile for like this site an stuff. skyfire for flash, yall already know. but skyfire acts like it doesnt wanna prepare to load sometimes..lol..no biggy, jus mentioning
Old 01-12-2009, 01:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

Yes this version is diffinitely faster. Thanks a bunch TMZ.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

tsantacruz is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to tsantacruz

I am not sure if anyone addressed this but the new version supports VGA and rendering pages quicker than the older version. So you won't see as much fuzzy text as you used to. This version supports the resolution of our Touch Pro so that is a cool feature. Here is the link that discusses the upgrade http://support.skyfire.com/forums/in...showtopic=2951

Sorry if someone already covered this since I didn't check all of the replies before posting this info.

Tony
Old 01-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsantacruz View Post
I am not sure if anyone addressed this but the new version supports VGA and rendering pages quicker than the older version. So you won't see as much fuzzy text as you used to. This version supports the resolution of our Touch Pro so that is a cool feature. Here is the link that discusses the upgrade http://support.skyfire.com/forums/in...showtopic=2951

Sorry if someone already covered this since I didn't check all of the replies before posting this info.

Tony
I don't see any new version, the only one i'm seeing is the one that was released back in November, or am I overlooking something?
Old 01-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Herm 200
Carrier: Fido Canada

sydsinn is a n00b

hi caddieguy02
I have tried skyfire and i love the features, i'am just wondering if there is a way i can view in a single column mode without having to zoom, if this feature is possable i will convert fully
thanks
Old 02-12-2009, 11:58 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Re: Skyfire New Version 0.9

I've seen reports in my RSS feed from the Boy Genius Report that Skyfire just got updated to 0.9. I also got a Tweet from WMExperts about them posting their story of the update so i went to it on my phone but when I went to leave a comment it said access denied. Then when I went their on my pc the site didn't show the article, same for The Boy Genious Report. The article is in my RSS but not on their site. WTF?
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software