PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 11:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2
Carrier: Sprint

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PANDORA for WM is HERE!

I have in on my Touch Pro, and it won't play each song completely, does a minute or two then starts another song.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Well, I have to say this is obviously a very quirky program who's performance will greatly depend on your configuration. We see some w/ stock 6.1 ROM having problems and others where it works great. We see some where the song only plays part of it and then skips to the next, and we see a range of audio quality. Just for the record, it works great on my Mogul (WM6.1 custom) and on my wife's MotoQ (WM5 stock)
Old 12-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sc00terpi3 is a n00b

Long time lurker, first time poster

Works on my touch pro except it plays a minute or two then switches songs. I am running Yay 4 Juggs's 4.0 rom w/o opera.

I could have sworn this was working yesterday in the office, but today on the train I ran into the song for a minute or two, switch issue.

Last edited by sc00terpi3; 12-11-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

and there's no way to completely close out the program either, I have the same Juggalo ROM
Old 12-11-2008, 11:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
and there's no way to completely close out the program either, I have the same Juggalo ROM
That caught me by suprise as well...just closing it doesn't work (even my task manager didn't do it LOL) I had to actually go to Pandora's menu, click exit and confirm before the music would stop!!!

Works GREAT on my Omnia though....no complaints!!

Old 12-11-2008, 11:40 AM
N00b

jjbehren is a n00b

Quote:
I have in on my Touch Pro, and it won't play each song completely, does a minute or two then starts another song.
Same here...

Stock everything on my TP.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

sfasu77 is a n00b

Kinda works on my diamond but cuts out halfway through a song on EDVO and WiFi....what a tease! Sound quality is good for me. I'm on Ivan's 1.7 ROM BTW....
Old 12-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Quote:
as a few have mentioned already, you have to go into the menu (down on the directional pad) and then select exit from there. I'm sure they did it that way so that you could close it and go on to other things while leaving your music still playing in the background. very nice feature, albeit a bit confusing at first, if you ask me

Last edited by abrigham; 12-11-2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: quote wrong post :P
Old 12-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: US Cellular

celticchrys is a n00b

Works fine on my Vogue. Keyboard wouldn't pop up until I opened another program and switched back, but other than that, perfect!
Old 12-11-2008, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

DodgeV83 is a n00b

There appears to be a new version out for Sprint and Verizon's Touch (Vogue). This one will be actually made for qvga and should work quite well. See http://www.pandora.com/on-windowsmobile

Hopefully someone here with Verizon or Sprint Touch and stock rom could possibly point their mobile browser to pandora.com.

I think they're using a combination of User Agent plus the IP address used to access the site to tell if you're eligible to download it. Even when spoofing user agent it doesn't work. I think you actually need to download it via a sprint or verizon access point and or proxy.

So if anyone fits these requirements, please try it out and post the cab for us.

Edit: Yes I stole this post from XDA, can someone please try this and post the cab?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software