PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

poopsie is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking to find a good weather proggy

I am looking for a weather program for my today screen on my diamond. I am using Weatherpanel, the only problem is that I really like having a detailed forecast, not just pictures and some numbers. Does anyone know of one that will display like weatherpanel but when you click on it will give a forecast, something like this

http://mobile.weather.gov/port_mp_ns...arnzone=NDZ027

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Looking to find a good weather proggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
I am looking for a weather program for my today screen on my diamond. I am using Weatherpanel, the only problem is that I really like having a detailed forecast, not just pictures and some numbers. Does anyone know of one that will display like weatherpanel but when you click on it will give a forecast, something like this

http://mobile.weather.gov/port_mp_ns...arnzone=NDZ027

Thanks!
Detailed forecast? Maybe you haven't explored WP enough. You can easily bring up the following info in WP:

High temp for the day
Low temp for the day
Partly cloudy, etc.
Sunrise
% of Precip
% of Humidity
Wind
Sunset

late,
Coz
Old 12-02-2008, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

poopsie is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I guess I worded that wrong, I know it gives detailed info but I am kind of old fashioned and like the read text for the forecasts. I am a pilot and the text is a little more detailed so that is really what I am looking for.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
I guess I worded that wrong, I know it gives detailed info but I am kind of old fashioned and like the read text for the forecasts. I am a pilot and the text is a little more detailed so that is really what I am looking for.
Ok, I understand where you're coming from. You might look at using the image features of WP and capturing a jpeg image from a weather service that offers more detail and better descriptions. I sometimes grab an image from one of our local tv websites that gives me more info. Granted you have to scroll around the image a bit in WP but it can work.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software