PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2007, 10:51 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
PPC viewing PC desktop?

I'm trying to use either RDP or LogMeIn without success. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I can't find decent instructions for either and/or the instructions aren't working correctly.
What I've done so far:
Downloaded the PC side of LogMeIn after creating an account.
Tried to download the Remote Control Client for the PPC without success.
Downloaded some sort of update from MS [Remote Desktop Connection (Terminal Services Client 6.0) for Windows XP (KB925876)].

I have no idea how to access my PC from the PDA using either of these methods. I'm using Colonel's 3.5 Kitchen ROM. I'm guessing that I have to set something up on the PC, but I don't know where on the PC or what the correct settings should be. I found TSC on my 6700, but I have no idea what those settings should be- I suppose if I could find the settings on the PC, I would know what to put in the PPC, but that's kind of a Catch-22.

A nice set of instructions (for RDP/TSC- are they the same thing?) would be great. Barring that, a link to some instructions or a link to the LogMeIn client that I could download on the PC and transfer over via A/S would be appreciated.

Old 05-26-2007, 11:22 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Making some progress.
I got the LogMeIn app/CAB.
Now, don't laugh, how the heck do I get my Windows UserName and password? I'm the only one that uses this computer and don't remember ever using a password. Is the username my network ID? My login name? The computer name on the network?
Old 05-26-2007, 11:42 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

Amazing. I got LogMeIn to work.
If anyone is interested or needs the info about how it worked for me, just let me know and I'll post as best I can.
Good night!
Old 05-29-2007, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Zak8022 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Zak8022 Send a message via MSN to Zak8022 Send a message via Yahoo to Zak8022
Does LogMeIn have a PPC-specific .cab somewhere? Could you post it, or direct me to it? I would like to have the option of using LogMeIn from my phone... tho i wonder how the screen resolution being as small as it is on the PPC would affect usability.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:15 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

The resolution isn't too bad- you have to scroll around the screen as only about 1/12 of it is visible at any one time.
No idea where I found the file, but here is what needs to be installed on your PPC. [change zip to cab]
I couldn't get it to install correctly using the ppc and directly linking to the logmein site. I think what I did was go to the site using my pc and entering the address from PIE manually.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ractrlce_118.zip (414.4 KB, 58 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-08-2007, 06:41 AM
Lurker

rich1201 is a n00b
THANKS....
Bless you and Good luck
Old 07-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Gee
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

Gee is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Is this free?
Old 07-17-2007, 05:15 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee
Is this free?
Yes, LogMeIn is free.
There is an advanced version that costs $, but even that is reasonable if you need it.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

5.0stang is a n00b
Anyone try this on the Titan?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

Hayabusa1300cc is a n00b
I tried Logmein and I never had my pc run so slow. Auto configured my Zone Alarm professional firewall for fulltime access which is a first for me, and unappreciated. I could not connect through the site after several tries. Neither my Eset nod32, or Spysweeper, or ZA alerted me with malicious activities. I had to delete the root folder to get rid of it.

just not a fine experience at all for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software