PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

anppilot is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pls. help me understand how 2 install the Diamond upgrade for PPC, Im missin somethin

Hello to all. This is my first post at ppcgeeks.

I am having a bit of a problem understanding something.

While i am not new to upgrading roms, installing software, etc, I have a mogul and I wanted to put the HTC Diamond theme on my ppc.

As I downloaded OEM_MegaPack_Manila2D_OEM_v2.17
I thought it would be a .cab installer, or an windows application, that would do the install for you. I am lost. What am I supposed to do with this? copy all of the OEM file into specific directories. I ampologize if this is something simple and I am just out of touch with this for some reason?

Please help. I like the Diamond and dont really want to buy it when I can just convert my Mogul.

Thanis in advance.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:24 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Pls. help me understand how 2 install the Diamond upgrade for PPC, Im missin some

That is if you cook your own rom. I'd probably recommend ppckitchen to start with.

I got the .cab files for the megapack from the post in the following link:
[10.12.08-UPDATE 19]ALL DEVICES INCLUDED NOW - Opal (Touch VIVA Version)

And if you want to read the whole thread..and have a week off.... :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=398173

I'm not sure how a mogul will handle it, I've had bad feedback from a couple apache users...And welcome to community!

Old 11-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Pls. help me understand how 2 install the Diamond upgrade for PPC, Im missin some

You were downloading the OEM package. That's only for cooking your own ROM.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:29 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

welcome here, goodluck with the upgrade.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Threadstarter

anppilot is a n00b

Man oh Man, I feel a bit shhepish. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a Diamond.

At least I'm eligable for a full upgrade and I'll only pay $250 with Sprint.

Now to find a 12GB micro sd card

This shuold be a nice compliment to the Acer Aspire One I'll be getting soon.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Sulten is just getting started

you can read more about it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=425974

if you need help just PM me from what i have read when you post most will just put up a link and tell you to read. however Jdme here did email me personaly and got me going. that is great so im passing it on.

if you need help or need any quesiton just PM me and ill email you if you want drop me your email. much easier that PM.

Last edited by Sulten; 11-18-2008 at 12:54 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software