PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BeeJive development for WM HALTED!!

http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/so...s_bringin.html

same old BS rather focus on BB and iphone, typical. So we lose one of the best IM programs

Jim DeFalco, VP of Product Development at Beejive, explains;
We have been debating for a while about whether or not to release a production version of BeejiveIM for Windows Mobile 6 and have just recently decided against it.

There were many reasons for this decision, but the two biggest had to do with the current Windows Mobile market and support/time issues. We feel that the IM market on Windows Mobile is a smaller one than on the BlackBerry and iPhone and would like to concentrate our efforts there. And with all the devices currently running Windows Mobile, it has been proving very time consuming to build a quality product that works with all the various hardware configurations. We pride ourselves on releasing quality products and feel at this moment we would be spreading ourselves too thin if we released a production Windows Mobile client.

That being said, we do plan on releasing 1 more beta build with some of the more pressing bugs fixed. We also plan on revisiting a Windows Mobile client when WinMo 7 is released.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Re: BeeJive development for WM HALTED!!

i never had any problem with their beta's... I haven't yet used the built in IM on my touch pro, but if I were still using my mogul, I'd just keep the beta.

Sucks that they're abandoning it though, because Beejive was head and shoulders better than any other IM I found for PPC.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff
Re: BeeJive development for WM HALTED!!

yeh it is/was the best client out there for IM. Im fine with the beta too but if a bug ever arises there will be no support for it which sucks. I think the quote was just perpetuation a horrible viewpoint of WM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software