PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

huynhc is keeping up the good workhuynhc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to huynhc
Thumbs up w0lf's Translator (uses Google translate engine)

Great program!

COPIED from XDA-developers page:

Wolf's Translator uses the Google Translate engine to provide translations.
It's a small program I wrote, because I find it useful to be able to translate From/To so many languages at any time and it's much easier to use on the mobile phone than the web-based version of Google Translate.

In order to run the program, .Net Compact Framework 3.5 has to be installed on the device. (you can download it from here)
Of course, you also need an active Internet Connection.

Currently, the following languages are supported by Google Translate:
- Arabic
- Bulgarian
- Catalan
- Chinese
- Chinese Simplified
- Chinese Traditional
- Croatian
- Czezh
- Danish
- Dutch
- English
- Finnish
- French
- German
- Greek
- Hebrew
- Hindi
- Indonesian
- Italian
- Japanese
- Korean
- Latvian
- Lithuanian
- Norwegian
- Polish
- Portuguese
- Romanian
- Russian
- Serbian
- Slovak
- Slovenian
- Spanish
- Swedish
- Tagalog
- Ukrainian
- Vietnamese

Please note that the translations are not always very accurate, but if you have a text in a different language you don't know, it gives you a good idea about what it means in most of the cases.

A nice feature of Google Translate (also present in the application) is the Language Auto Detect feature: you have a text written in I don't know what language, I tell it to translate to English, for example, and it not only translates it, but also shows the language of the source text (try this by checking the Autodetect FROM Language check box).

A feature that right now is missing, but I'm planning to include in a future version is being allowed to save the favourite language pair, so when you open the program it will automatically select your favourite languages.

This program has been tested so far on HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro (VGA) and HTC P3600(Trinity) (QVGA).

Screenshot:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Translate.zip (30.2 KB, 181 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by huynhc; 11-13-2008 at 06:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Re: w0lf's Translator (uses Google translate engine)

grabbed this of xda this morning, but thanx for postin it here!
Don't forget to hit the

Old 11-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Considering our office is about to open a branch in Mexico, this could come in very handy, thanks for posting it here for us.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

thanks I look forward to the future changes he wants to add as well
Old 11-12-2008, 01:07 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Would be very cool if it could use MS Voice Command, or another app, to speak the translation for you.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:08 AM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Would be very cool if it could use MS Voice Command, or another app, to speak the translation for you.
totally agree, i work for a japanese owned company and written pronunciations are ofter VERY different from the spoken lol

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 11-12-2008, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

jdizzle is becoming a great contributor

very nice program but how come I get a square symbol sometimes in the translation that seems to replace a letter?
Old 11-12-2008, 01:58 AM
Post Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
very nice program but how come I get a square symbol sometimes in the translation that seems to replace a letter?
prolly means you dont have that character(s) needed to display the letter in it's native form...
Old 11-13-2008, 02:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
totally agree, i work for a japanese owned company and written pronunciations are ofter VERY different from the spoken lol
any chance you'd know how to display japanese characters with this app then? i put ms gothic in my windows/fonts folder, so i can read japanese on PIE, but this google app doesn't seem to pick it up... I saw over at xda someone post a screen shot of translating to japanese, so i'm trying to track down why i can't get it to work on my touch pro..
Old 11-13-2008, 06:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

huynhc is keeping up the good workhuynhc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to huynhc

this program has some good potential. i cant wait to see how the dev makes out with it in future releases...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software