PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2007, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Myn Warm Donut RL4 on xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

tharris297 is keeping up the good worktharris297 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tharris297 Send a message via AIM to tharris297 Send a message via MSN to tharris297 Send a message via Yahoo to tharris297
OEM Software again (Could'n Reply to the moved thread)

Sorry about posting a new question, but I don't have access rights to reply to the ROM forum.

But ... my questions is in dealing with the programs that do not have cabs included in the OEM folder of some ROM Kitchens. What I see are dll's and Registry entries and sometimes an EXE ... sometimes not.

I am assuming that if I somehow ... import the registry entries and copy the "dlls or exes" to where the registry entries lead, I will be able to simply make a shortcut "or copy if one is included" and the program will work.

I know there can be dependencies ... as reading other forums about making OEMs ... just trying to save a headache.

Thanks
Old 05-07-2007, 09:37 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
So far as I know, no OEM has anything in it that you could not just find & download (ie, either freeware or trialware) the normal installer cab for.

What exactly are you trying to do?
Old 05-07-2007, 09:59 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I am locking this thread because you have already posted this question. It was moved by someone else because the only AKU update materials, Kitchens, available on this web site are for the 6700 (Apache) so your question will be best answered by the members who frequent that forum. Please do not post this again, if you have more questions regarding the moderators efforts to keep this site clean feel free to PM me or one of the other mods. Thanks
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software