PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

KillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone working on a "Touch" style PPC kyboard for Mogul, etc?

Hey all,

I have been reading about people porting over the HTC Touch-style keyboard (with the double tape style keys) to their Moguls with at the expense of losing T9, etc....

Why wouldn't someone just create a new keyboard program that uses this interface? I mean, there are keyboard apps out there left and right, I hope it's just a matter of time before someone makes a generic, touch-style keyboard app that works with other PPCs....

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Matt!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad
Re: Anyone working on a "Touch" style PPC kyboard for Mogul, etc?

Actually, there is, Matt. If you go to xda-developers.com, there's a guy named Gullum who designed a Touch Diamond style keyboard, called Gullum Diamond Keys.cab. It has T9 input, a full QWERTY, as well as a keypad interface. You have to be a member of xda-developers to download the software from the forum, though. You have to download the keyboard and the language format you'd like to use it in. He has like 7 or 8 different languages you can choose from. I have the keyboard and it works really well. The only thing about it, is that if you ever wanna remove it you can't just go to remove programs. You have to have some type of registry edit software to get rid of it, like SK Tools. But if you know you want it and will use it, that shouldn't be a problem.

I don't have access to the .cab files right now, but I can upload them when I get back to my home computer, if you like?
"If I've shared info that was helpful 2 U, it's always nice 2 get a Thank You!"
Old 10-14-2008, 03:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

Killer, if you go to page 4 of this forum, theres a post titled "Keyboards." It has the link to the Gullum Keyboard that I was telling you about, as well as some other keyboards you might be interested in, particularly the Opal Keyboard which also looks a lot like the Touch Diamond keyboard.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

The Gullum KB's are super.

I use the Touch Diamond KB in portrait mode using T9 in SMS-chat & I LOVE it.

~John
Old 11-16-2008, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

KillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey Guys,

I totally forgot that I posted this here - thanks for replying! I am trying the Gullum keyboard now! Any idea on where I can find the uninstall procedure in the event that I need it?

Thanks again, I realllllly appreciate it!

Later,

Matt!

Last edited by KillerQ; 11-16-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerQ View Post
I am trying the Gullum keyboard now! Any idea on where I can find the uninstall procedure in the event that I need it?

!
I doubt you will want to uninstall it, but if you do go to start/settings/system/remove programs/gullum English Diamond Keys

~John
Old 11-17-2008, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

John,

Yea, now that I have tried it - I won't ever uninstall it! Heh. I only asked because I thought there was some weird uninstallation quirk that required some reg edits....

Thanks again,

Matt!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software