PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

DaddyLongLegs is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please recommend a program that will announce who is calling other than MSVC

Microsoft Voice Command is making my phone unusable. And the only feature I use it for is to announce who is calling (very convenient when the phone is across the room and you don't feel like running to it when it's someone you don't care to talk to).

Anyway, here's some of the lovely problems MSVC gives me (keep in mind the only thing I have enabled/checked is to announce incoming calls over the internal speaker on my HTC Touch Pro2):

1) About 50% of the time when I plug in something to the headphone jack, Voice Command comes up thinking I'm trying to tell it something.

2) About 90% of the time when I have something plugged into the headphone jack, the other party cannot hear me (but I can hear them) for the first 20 seconds or so of the phone call. This one is absurdly annoying. More so because initially I blamed it on Resco Audio Recorder and didn't figure out it was MSVC until recently.

3) When I click "mute ring" when I get a phone call, the damn Voice Command still repeatedly says who is calling! This renders the "mute ring" button useless.

Unless there is a fix for all of this, can anyone recommend a different program that can announce who or what number is calling me? It's really pathetic that this feature worked swimmingly on my LG enV2 but it works horribly on this phone.

Thanks to anyone who can help!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Please recommend a program that will announce who is calling other than MSVC

So is this it? Am I doomed to a life of making individual ringtones for every single solitary person in my contacts?
Old 05-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

higher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Please recommend a program that will announce who is calling other than MSVC

can try Voice2Go though it is not free

http://vitotechnology.com/voice2go.html

Hot features:

Call your contacts
Hear who's calling
Launch applications with your voice
"Magic Word" feature

Benefits:

manage your device without touching
useful to use when driving a car
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thank you. I gave that program a try, however it only pronounces incoming calls if you have them stored as a voice command (meaning my voice will announce who is calling if I set up a voice command for them). Not only do I hate the sound of my own voice, I don't plan on putting every person in my phone book on a voice dialing program.

Thank you anyway but I need the program to "robotically" read who/what number is calling, not play some WAV file that is attached to each individual contact.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software