View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 06:58 PM
DaddyLongLegs
PPCGeeks Regular

DaddyLongLegs is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please recommend a program that will announce who is calling other than MSVC

Microsoft Voice Command is making my phone unusable. And the only feature I use it for is to announce who is calling (very convenient when the phone is across the room and you don't feel like running to it when it's someone you don't care to talk to).

Anyway, here's some of the lovely problems MSVC gives me (keep in mind the only thing I have enabled/checked is to announce incoming calls over the internal speaker on my HTC Touch Pro2):

1) About 50% of the time when I plug in something to the headphone jack, Voice Command comes up thinking I'm trying to tell it something.

2) About 90% of the time when I have something plugged into the headphone jack, the other party cannot hear me (but I can hear them) for the first 20 seconds or so of the phone call. This one is absurdly annoying. More so because initially I blamed it on Resco Audio Recorder and didn't figure out it was MSVC until recently.

3) When I click "mute ring" when I get a phone call, the damn Voice Command still repeatedly says who is calling! This renders the "mute ring" button useless.

Unless there is a fix for all of this, can anyone recommend a different program that can announce who or what number is calling me? It's really pathetic that this feature worked swimmingly on my LG enV2 but it works horribly on this phone.

Thanks to anyone who can help!