PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 01:38 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Skyfire boosted the video stream quality

Anyone else get the newsletter yet?

I just got it and tried out Skyfire... and it wasn't choppy because of the device, it was choppy because of their compression ratio. Youtube plays smooth as butter fullscreen on my Mogul now.

They've also tweaked the server-side rendering engine. Sites that used to have issues before (ie., Engadget) don't really seem to.

Sorry for the new thread but I figured this was news that didn't belong in the support thread and should be shared with all.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:42 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Skyfire boosted the video stream quality!

good, youtube was horrible on my touch.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Titan Mogul 6800

JustRay586 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to JustRay586 Send a message via MSN to JustRay586 Send a message via Yahoo to JustRay586

i received the same newsletter
i have noticed a difference
Old 09-03-2008, 07:54 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

yeah, got the newsletter yesterday, but hadnt tried skyfire til i read your post. very big improvement for me, and i thought skyfire was decent before. wow!

Old 09-03-2008, 07:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

If youtube videos are your thing, you guys will want to check out Kinoma.

I have issues with Kinoma in its current state (that tech support is working to resolve), but one thing is definitely does it produce absolutely STUNNING youtube videos (MUCH better than Skyfire which I also use)

~John
Old 09-03-2008, 08:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 1 Evo LTE 1 Samsung GSIII & Toshiba Excite 10

meccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The best browser just got better. thanks for the heads up. I did NOT get the letter.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800

knightrida_01 is a n00b
Re: Skyfire Support

The absolute best broswer out. I could even use my facebook chat with this. Those types of dynamic applications that change within the browser are not available in opera or opera mini. The video quality is still a little choppy but it works for a quick download. If I need anything clear theres alway ie and tcp/mp for that.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

Brad1279 is just getting started
Re: Skyfire boosted the video stream quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Anyone else get the newsletter yet?

I just got it and tried out Skyfire... and it wasn't choppy because of the device, it was choppy because of their compression ratio. Youtube plays smooth as butter fullscreen on my Mogul now.

They've also tweaked the server-side rendering engine. Sites that used to have issues before (ie., Engadget) don't really seem to.

Sorry for the new thread but I figured this was news that didn't belong in the support thread and should be shared with all.

how do u make the video full screen?
Old 09-03-2008, 04:32 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

when vidio starts playing tap on it. works for me.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:18 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1279 View Post
how do u make the video full screen?
There are +/- signs on the top bar... click them until the viewing box is the size you want then drag it over the video and click it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software