PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 09:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ROM swap ????

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, but I wasn't exactly sure where to ask??

I have a Verizon XV6800 that is very highly customized & I absolutely LOVE the thing. The one thing I have never attempted is a radio/ROM swap however as I use the phone all day for work/business & I can't take even a small chance on "bricking" the thing.......

I just decided to buy a spare 6800 to play with & I bought one off ebay that already has been updated to WM 6.1 & has the GPS enabled (I checked the ESN with Verizon & it's fine).

My question is, can I install my full system backup made with either Sprite or SPB Backup(I have both) to the new phone & still have the 6.1 update etc?? I guess I'm wondering if the BU would overwrite the 6.1 update or is that somehow hard coded into the ROM?? (I don't know what ROM is installed yet)

I am a computer tech & I have been building/upgrading/repairing PC's for years (I have no problem installing Windows from scratch, updating a MB BIOS, replacing a hard drive etc etc etc etc)but I am new to PPC's & I'm still learning the ropes so any advice/info etc you guys can give me in this regard(this site is awesome) is highly apprecaited.....

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software