PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   app you can't live without? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=34684)

mdcnman6 08-15-2008 07:40 PM

Re: app you can't live without?

pocket informent ranks up there for me...as well as opera mini

JimSmith94 08-15-2008 11:57 PM

For me, being able to sync my contacts and calendar with ActiveSync was the reason I bought a Pocket PC in the first place. Of course, since then, I keep finding more and more stuff this thing can do.

bruceo 08-16-2008 01:01 AM

SPB diary and SPB phone suite are well worth the money I couldn't live without them. I am surprised more people dont talk about diary. very clean and simple but powerful interface for all pim functions right on the today screen and mazimizes space. I loce SPB mobile shell but got rid of it because unfortunately it was leaking too much memory on every ROM I ever had it on.

Inav 4.0 GPS is amazing beats all others hands down. Icontact Burts latest edition is by far the best. Opera mini is the best browser for memory starved moguls. Cant wait for touch pro. Beyondpod seems like the best audio podcast manager by far with integrated player with resume and great features but for some reason it takes enough memeory on load that it shuts down apps that are running, so it is real hard to keep Inav running and trying to listen to a podcast at the same time.

Palringo is nice, but has problems with alltel moguls, slick is nice but a little rough on the edges, Beejive looks great but takes an assload of memory. I am using yeigo and it seems incredibly feature rich and i like all the IM clients it supports that others don't but the chat interface sort of sucks, but I am getting used to it.

Torx 08-16-2008 06:30 AM

here lately its been solitaire, lol
my highest score is 5662 in 140seconds, 3card, standard play

CuzEddie12 08-16-2008 12:12 PM

Yeah I'm really impressed with VITO I also have the contacts. Will never go back to default contacts or text by choice.

jbbosu 08-16-2008 01:26 PM

It's not really an app, but mail2web for direct push mail is something I'd die without.

Google maps saves me in many situations too.

Skyfire beta II is the best..watch out opera.

shortbushemi 08-17-2008 09:36 AM

iGO8, solitaire

still trying to find a today plugin or shell that i "can't live without"

InvincibleLiving 08-17-2008 12:13 PM

for my vote i cant just go with an app... i've been dealing with ppc's since they were wince's and I've NEVER seen anything like the work of No2chem. Nuerom 2.2 prev 8 (and the final build once released) are the most groundbreaking peices of ppc technology I've ever fired up on my device...

with out his work using anything else on my phone is like putting band-aid on a gash.

TheIgster 08-17-2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruceo (Post 384282)
SPB diary and SPB phone suite are well worth the money I couldn't live without them. I am surprised more people dont talk about diary. very clean and simple but powerful interface for all pim functions right on the today screen and mazimizes space.

I couldn't live without SPB Diary. Love the tabbed options on the today screen. One of the first things I install again if I load a new ROM.

BenC 08-18-2008 03:39 AM

Ok, I am going to give it a go.