PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 10:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does anyone using a SIP actually use the official Opera Mobile beta?

It seems fairly unusable since it always defaults to the Windows Mobile keyboard. Does anyone have a fix for this? So far, everything but the keyboard is great...
Old 08-11-2008, 12:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Does anyone using a SIP actually use the official Opera Mobile beta?

It's not a bug they set it that way on purpose. it's in the notes.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:54 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post
It's not a bug they set it that way on purpose. it's in the notes.
Just because it is in the release notes, doesn't make it right. Older builds worked fine. Hell, this beta doesn't even move the screen while I type this post... A real shame, since it's got some solid performance otherwise...
Old 08-11-2008, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

hueman84 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
Just because it is in the release notes, doesn't make it right. Older builds worked fine. Hell, this beta doesn't even move the screen while I type this post... A real shame, since it's got some solid performance otherwise...
Just use the latest build for the Diamond Opera Mobile Browser...its better than the official released beta.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:00 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Is build 1780 the latest? They were releasing a new one practically ever day for a while, and it was hard to keep up.

1780 had a bug, where if the page wasn't done fully-loading, it would "snap" back to the original coordinates of the page. It was pretty annoying because sometimes the page would start loading, and be zoomed into the very bottom, and you can't slide to the top until it's done loading.

I am re-installing it to see what happens.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
Is build 1780 the latest? They were releasing a new one practically ever day for a while, and it was hard to keep up.

1780 had a bug, where if the page wasn't done fully-loading, it would "snap" back to the original coordinates of the page. It was pretty annoying because sometimes the page would start loading, and be zoomed into the very bottom, and you can't slide to the top until it's done loading.

I am re-installing it to see what happens.
It still has that bug. Also, the help page does not show up for me and iGoogle mobile will not load for me.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:54 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post
It still has that bug. Also, the help page does not show up for me and iGoogle mobile will not load for me.
I still have the problem with the page picking a random place to load from (why not coordinates 1,1??) Weird...

The "stickiness" seems to be gone now. I can scroll while loading. It's fairly slow when loading though, I see a lot of checkered background when doing so.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

supadoggie is just getting started

When I don't feel like using physical keyboard I try to use the Touch Keyboard..

I wish this version would not default to the standard keyboard. it's really horrible to use
Old 08-12-2008, 10:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

hueman84 is just getting started

I do have some issues with 1780...but im too lazy to revert back to 1660....which seemed like a better build to me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software