PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
btCrawler: bluetooth scanner (Update 9/07)

Update: 9/4/07

This program has been pulled by the author due to conflicts with German law. In order to preserve it, I'm posting the last version he made and full directions here for those who want it (its freeware/donation ware).

--Mal

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In short btCrawler is a simple bluetooth scanner. It scans for visible devices in range and can perform a service query. You can also query for services of your own device. In the device list: COD means "Class of Device" (see bluetooth specification for more info). In the output window, when the sdp services are listed, "ChId" means Channel ID, which is the RFCOMM Channel the service is listening on. It supports both, landscape and portrait screens."

FREE

Home of btCrawler

UPDATE:
To enable bluesnarfing

To activate bluesnarfing create the following registry key:

\HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Mode

(*Note: I had to create a Key "Mode" as I didn't have it already. --Mal)

Then create a new DWORD under this key:

ISC with the value of 1

After that start btCrawler and click on the "Transfer" button. You will then see a new button called "Bluesnarf".

If you have successfully bluesnarfed a phone the results are saved in a file in vCard format.

You can find a new file called "Bluesnarf.txt" in your root folder.

Phones I know to be vulnerable to bluesnarfing are:

Nokia 6310, 6310i (up to FW Vers. 5.51)
Nokia 8910, 8910i
SE T610 FW:R1A081
SE T630 FW:R4C003
SE T68i FW:R2B025
SE Z600 FW:R2E004
SE Z1010

NOTE: If you have Bluesnarfing enabled, be responsible. Use it for educational purposes only!
I can not be held responsible for anything you do with this code!!!.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE #2: To enable "bluetab exploit"

To activate create a dword with the name "ISC-Sploits" and a value of "1" under HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Mode) Then you will have a new Button in the main screen. There you can active the bluetab sploit.

(Reference: Bluetab Exploit) BE RESPONSIBLE!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip btCrawler-v1.1.0-beta.zip (29.4 KB, 184 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Malatesta; 09-04-2007 at 05:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:27 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
this could be very interesting in big cities. anyone ever heard of a "bluetooth sniper rifle"?
~mike

Old 08-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
this could be very interesting in being cities. anyone ever heard of a "bluetooth sniper rifle"?
~mike
I go into NYC couple days a week and use this...yeah, it's fun

You can send messages to random people w/their BT on or discover info about them

There is actually a program called BT Sniper, but it uses crappy CF so is slow and bulky.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch pro

wingzero is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta

You can send messages to random people w/their BT on or discover info about them
This is going to freak people out.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bunnytrigger Send a message via MSN to bunnytrigger Send a message via Yahoo to bunnytrigger Send a message via Skype™ to bunnytrigger
hey, thank you for sharing this one, i had thought before that there had to be a way of doing this, but never really looked into it.

haven't you heard? corporations are the new government. They're constitutionally-exempt.

92% of teens have moved onto WoW. if you are part of the 8% that still play REAL games, copy n paste

Old 08-01-2006, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Rufus is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Rufus
Yeah, I think this is my next "toy" app to play with..... I will let everyone know how my "Crawling" through Downtown Seattle goes.

.... Oh yeah, and check out my blog!
Old 08-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Threadstarter

Note: this program allows what is called 'blue-jacking': the sending of messages to people via BT, assuming they have it on and all is compatible.

this is different from 'bluesnarfing': the theft of data on a remote device via bluetooth.

now, from what I've read, most devices today are immune to bluesnarfing attacks.

regardless, if anyone wants to write to the developer why they want bluesnarfing, he'll enable it in this software for you (see his website), but you have to justify it first (hint: paypal, lol).

If someone were to do that and say...post it here for the rest of us...that'd be mighty cool. :P
Old 08-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bunnytrigger Send a message via MSN to bunnytrigger Send a message via Yahoo to bunnytrigger Send a message via Skype™ to bunnytrigger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
he'll enable it in this software for you (see his website), but you have to justify it first (hint: paypal, lol).

I wonder that would be a good justificatoin....maybe if you work at a hotel???.......as in you would like to know whats going on? I am wondering.....that is what i meant the first time before i had to edit this......
Old 08-22-2006, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thrilsekr is a n00b
Has anyone figured out how to get this program to work. When I scan I can find bt stuff. But can never get it to connect to anything.. I have been trying to send message to friends to get it to work. It says bind to device failed. Sometimes on my friends phone it will ask them if they want to bind to me.

Has anyone played with this very much?

Thrilsekr
Old 08-24-2006, 01:21 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrilsekr
Has anyone figured out how to get this program to work. When I scan I can find bt stuff. But can never get it to connect to anything.. I have been trying to send message to friends to get it to work. It says bind to device failed. Sometimes on my friends phone it will ask them if they want to bind to me.

Has anyone played with this very much?

Thrilsekr
Program is now UPDATED (See original post) and the Trick to enable BlueSnarfing is also mentioned!!

Thrilsekr
: results will vary and it depends on what the other person's phone is capable of via BT. Not all can send receive files (OBEX support), others have more "security" e.g. not even BlueSnarfing works on a lot of phones anymore.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software