PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to denasqu
WMDC + Activesync = The 100

Okay, well I've tried everything and searched everywhere so I'm going to throw this up and see if anyone catches it. I'm discouraged already because I've not seen this problem anywhere. But hopefully someone can suggest something that I haven't tried.

I sync my Touch with WM6.1 everyday, at home with WMDC on Vista, and at work with Activesync on XP Pro. It's worked relatively well for a couple months but then a couple weeks ago I started getting some very frustrating behavior.

I plug in to sync at home on WMDC and everything connects and starts to sync, it syncs the first 100 contacts then I get a very unhelpful "ERROR:ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop." The only way s I've found to get it sync is to uncheck Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks... let it remove everything from my Touch then re-check Contacts, Calendar and Tasks and let it re-sync everthing.

Fine, until I go to work. I try to sync with Activesync and Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks are mysteriously unchecked. I re-check them and it syncs fine.

Fine, until I get home and try to sync with WMDC. It goes back to the 100 problem. I've been in this loop for a couple weeks.

Things I've tried.
Uninstalled WMDC 6.1 and rolled back to WMDC 6.0.
deleted Partnerships on both WMDC and Activesync.
deleted PIM.VOL from Touch
unchecked "Enable advanced network functionality" on Touch
rebooted and soft-reset everything of course
ran SCANPST

I'm not sure anymore but I think this started when I tried the ICS on the device while WMDC was connected. It caused WMDC to dump, reconnect, etc.

What I'd like to do is completely remove WMDC and Activsync and hard reset my phone and start over. What I can't find is the details on how to remove WMDC and Activsync. As anyone who has ever tried knows, they leave lots of previous settings laying around on your desktop systems so that when you re-partner you get stuff like "Windows PC 3".

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

UPDATE: I ran logging on my device and came up with this also very unhelpful message in the log.
2008-08-06 10:11:47 ConnInfo Failed (0x80004005)
2008-08-06 10:11:47 AutdMode Old=Not Determined, New=Not Determined
2008-08-06 10:12:23 EngineEnd hr=0x86000107, ActiveSync encountered a problem on the %1!s!.
2008-08-06 10:12:23 SyncEnd

EDIT resolved by re-install of Vista

Last edited by denasqu; 08-20-2008 at 01:53 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software