PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

twalls is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
now I'm even more pissed.. I had my yahoo mail being pushed to me via the imap service.. But now all of a sudden I can't freakin SEND mail anymore.. I can receive all day, but can't send anything.. I've tried re-entering my settings, but that doesn't work.. I've completely deleted the account and readded it.. that didn't work either.. Anyone else having this issue?
Old 07-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

coreyoli is keeping up the good workcoreyoli is keeping up the good work
This is the product I'm waiting for! I like Yahoo mail, but without a good solution to get it on my phone (6700) it's pretty useless!
Old 07-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

pocassidy is a n00b
Yahoo! Go 2.0 available now!

Just downloaded cab from Yahoo Mobile Website. Works great on 6700.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:02 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Ehhh what CAB from what mobile site? It still says Coming Soon for PPC devices (6700, 700w/wx, 6800, etc.) on the link above.

Care to share? Did you install the older version? Or maybe the Smartphone version?

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 07-26-2007, 01:16 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Yahoo Go 2.0 Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciege
Well I just checked and was able to download for the Mogul
Can't say I'm too impressed yet but there are some neat features.

I went to http://mobile.yahoo.com/go
Then clicked the Get Yahoo Go Now button.
From there select the Windows Mobile devices link.
Then select the Sprint PPC-6800 (even though it says coming soon on the picture).

After that I had it send me a text message and the download link was finally there. All it ever used to say is "Coming Soon".

Downloaded and installed. I'll have to play with it a little.
Well this actually worked... I got a text message with a link telling me to download the WM6 version of Y! Go.

I guess if users click on the 6700 or 700wx link they'll get links to a WM5 version.

I don't care for Yahoo! for here you all go... credit goes to Ciege, I'm just merging the duplicate thread posted on the Mogul/Titan forum.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Wow, finally...

FYI on my Apache (AKU3.5) it still offered me the WM6 CAB, so I think the one cab is compatible with both (perhaps making it WM6-compatible was the reason for the huge delay). I have attached the cab file.

Anyway, it's a 770KB cab file that turns into a nearly 2MB install on your device, and looking at it I can see why.

It basically abandons the normal WM interface for its own (kinda sorta like how TomTom does, although with Yahoo you can still use the softkeys). It is graphic-intensive and seems pretty finger-friendly (which we all know is becoming more and more important to people these days).

It incorporates several of Yahoo's core offerings--including Flickr, which should please fans of that service. Here are the sections:

Email
oneSearch
Map
Open News
Sports (News)
Finance (News)
Entertainment (News)
Weather
Flickr

The problems are that in its current state the interface is somewhat non-intuitive (I had several problems backing out of screens I didn't want to proceed in (signing up for a Flickr account, for example). Also, the app in general is just slow and sluggish overall (although transisitioning between the modules goes fast and has an animated slide effect).

This software seems to be trying to combine a news portal (like the MSNBC app) with a mail client with a mapping app (sort of like Windows Live Search except without the nifty GPS capabilities).

Unlike the old version of Yahoo Go!, this version does not integrate e-mail with poutlook. I also did not see any option to view (much less integrate with the PIM) calendar or contacts (seems you can search your address book, but not display or edit it?). It does appear to offer timed e-mail checking (along with "night time optimization, whatever that means... presumably just checking less often ) along with Push, which is off by default (I suspect it's a battery hog).

It is still advertised as a Beta, so maybe Yahoo will fix some things, but it's hard to believe we had to wait this long for this. I am not a hard-core Yahoo user, so I won't be using this (in its current state, anyway). Hopefully some Yahoo power users can comment on how the app works for them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ppcygonetsetup_849.zip (772.1 KB, 57 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Woot! About time!!
Old 07-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
well the first tme you access the contacts from the ap it does synch them, that's good..

and they say it will support calendar synch as well (when?), that's good..

and while I don't have a gps unit it says it does support them, we'll see if that's good (I bet it will be(social networking))..

But I was using the old ap for syncing my calendar as well, and that stopped several hours before I became aware of 2 being out. It keeps giving me an 'unknown error' and well, that sucks...

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 07-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Well, there's a couple things I don't like..

1.) No IM Ability...

2.) It will not update any more frequently than 30 minutes... I prefer a 15 minute, and have my gmail (through poutlook) going every 5 - 10 minutes.. (I get a lot of email, lol)

Also, as someone else mentioned there is no poutlook integration, which means you need to always have this app opened to get email updates, etc...

Hopefully they add some more options... I will try it with my GPS when I get out of work in a little bit and let you know how it works.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Ciege is just getting started
What I don't like:

Tried to sync my contacts and ended up with some kludge of a mess on the phone (and exchange) and Yahoo. Many duplicates, Yahoo overwriting changes I made from the phone, etc...

I had to do a lot of clean up then try again. Less issues the second time but still issues.

I actually uninstalled Yahoo Go due to:
Sync issues
Email only in the client (I like using IMAP) through pOutlook
Too slow
Very unintuitive

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software