PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2008, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tilt2
Carrier: ATT

bennyj77 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Video Ringtones

Have any of you seen these things. A friend of mine told me about them. Do you know if there are any for WinMo phones?
Old 07-04-2008, 11:08 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Video Ringtones

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyj77 View Post
Have any of you seen these things. A friend of mine told me about them. Do you know if there are any for WinMo phones?
You can set a *.3gp file as your ringer (like the "Video Sample.3gp" file that comes w/most wm6.1 roms). Currently it will only play the sound though. Waiting for a S2U2 revision that does it! Or some other program....

Old 07-04-2008, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
You can set a *.3gp file as your ringer (like the "Video Sample.3gp" file that comes w/most wm6.1 roms). Currently it will only play the sound though. Waiting for a S2U2 revision that does it! Or some other program....
Ok? I don't have 6.1. I thought it was something more simple. I don't know how to make 3gp video.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Not to be funny, just a question...so when the phone rings are you going to answer or just sit there and watch the video?
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 07-05-2008, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
Not to be funny, just a question...so when the phone rings are you going to answer or just sit there and watch the video?
Don't know. I haven't seen how it works hence the question. Why is it a problem? I mean people put ringtones for certain contacts, but they don't listen to the entire ringtone. This entire site is about making our phones flashy and different. I've been hearing about it for about five months now, but I haven't seen anyone with 'em.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

no big deal....it is just with ringtones..when it rings you know who is calling...so hence with video ringtones...when it rings you know who is calling...so why do you need the video to look at..... was all what I was just asking, you know where I am coming from.......

that is cool...if you want to trick out your phone I just dont see any real value with video ringtones, also I have never seen in person a working video ringtone on a phone.

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 07-05-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

zero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to zero157h7 Send a message via AIM to zero157h7 Send a message via MSN to zero157h7 Send a message via Yahoo to zero157h7 Send a message via Skype™ to zero157h7

I know this feature is supposed to be coming to the new iphone
Old 07-05-2008, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
no big deal....it is just with ringtones..when it rings you know who is calling...so hence with video ringtones...when it rings you know who is calling...so why do you need the video to look at..... was all what I was just asking, you know where I am coming from.......

that is cool...if you want to trick out your phone I just dont see any real value with video ringtones, also I have never seen in person a working video ringtone on a phone.
I get your point, but I'm bored with my phone right now. I was hoping to try the the Diamond, but I don't have Sprint. As far as being on the new Iphone, my buddy saw some the current Iphone. I read an article in USA Today last year talking about video ringtones. The Iphone thing reminded of it, so I wanted to see what's the deal. Kinda like visual voicemail, totally unnecessary but cool for the couple weeks.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPHONE
Carrier: at&t

tmorris52 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to tmorris52 Send a message via Yahoo to tmorris52

If the man wants a video ringtone then he wants a video ringtone. I am tired of all of these haters. Let people ask questions and if your not smart enough to properly answer them then leave them alone. Right now most of the pda's do not have the ability yet. I use to have the video ringers on my old samsung phone and it was pretty nice. I read up on it a year ago and the phone haves to have some kind of driver. It starts with an S or something like that. Most of the phones that do have it are samsungs and nokias.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch sprint

lionspride is a n00b

I have actually seen it on a t mobile phone but the looked like it sucked to me and that was like 3 months ago

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software