PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 08:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dell x51v
Carrier: Orange

resco is keeping up the good workresco is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The Resco Skin Contest has its winner!

On July 1st 2008 the Resco Skin Contest reached its end. During the past two months a total of 52 outstanding skins were added, receiving a total of 5767 votes.

The contest and the brand new HTC Touch device was won by Kie with his Kie’s Grey Carbon skin. ITK and Yozhik finished as the first and second runner ups and won other remarkable prizes.

Resco would once again like thank everybody involved in the contest. As a sign of appreciation we would like to reward every skin creator with a present in the form of a free license for the Resco Audio Recorder.

Click here to see and download 50+ great new skins created by users.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

meatlocker is a n00b
Re: The Resco Skin Contest has its winner!

Nice advertising vehicle you have going there. Shouldn't this stuff be banned as spam?
Old 07-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

+1 for the ban... well, on second thought, maybe not. I mean, it has all kinds of bearing here...

Last edited by rainfreak; 07-09-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pure
Carrier: ATT

cmart4 is a n00b

hey resco, how about a new skin for your radio app? current one is pretty much butt ugly!
Old 07-04-2008, 10:03 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

spammer

Old 07-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatlocker View Post
Nice advertising vehicle you have going there. Shouldn't this stuff be banned as spam?
ummmm how about Resco gave a lot of people the opportunity to win a brand new phone just by creating a skin for their keyboard. Chances are the winner and the other skinners are probably members here or at similar forums. Resco is simply informing the community about the contest results.

On your accounts, basically everytime someone starts a thread with NEW RELEASE OF SO and SO APP should be banned as spam if it costs money?

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

pcsolve is a n00b

I agree with winmobilelawyer. Is hibby50 spamming about the devils? Commission? Rainfreak about xboxaddict.com wanting users to goto that site? And what is meatlocker promoting? Offense to women? Should all of those be banned??????
Old 07-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

whys everyone mad.. noone made a fuss the first time resco posted about the skinning contest.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond/Victor
Carrier: Sprint

slightlyevolved is a n00b

No kidding. I for one am happy to see a company that invests time in their userbase. Heck, if Opera hadn't noticed how many people on SprintUsers.com were using the Norsk version of Opera Mini when it was still in version 0.8 we might still not have had an English version of Opera Mini.

Yes, it's marketing, but so is the author Slide 2 Play when he/she announces a new version. Or how about sMMS?

They made two posts. One saying, "HEY! Contest!" the other saying, "Hey! Contest over!"

Lay off.

cmart4 may have a point though....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

meatlocker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmobilelawyer View Post
ummmm how about Resco gave a lot of people the opportunity to win a brand new phone just by creating a skin for their keyboard. Chances are the winner and the other skinners are probably members here or at similar forums. Resco is simply informing the community about the contest results.

On your accounts, basically everytime someone starts a thread with NEW RELEASE OF SO and SO APP should be banned as spam if it costs money?
C'mon, man. Seriously? Resco has a site, and this kind of crap should be confined to their company website, not here. You and I both know that this "contest" is a thinly-veiled advertising campaign, period. Per the terms of this site, that is pretty much spam, and I for one think it is a cheap gimmick and does not belong here.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software