PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: alltel

desitdt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Evernote does not need invite anymore

Just as said I stumbled upon this program witch has been recommended here before but now it is free without invite for a while. It is a program that basicly allows you to "cut pieces from web pages or save pictures or just about anything from your desktop, the web, or you phone. It seems pretty cool to me

Im not going to give info on it personally because i am posting this as i download and dont know exactly all it does.

Here is page: http://evernote.com/

Videos showing what it does:http://www.evernote.com/about/what_is_en/tour/ and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwTxTvxkMF8.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:32 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Evernote does not need invite anymore

does anybody use this??
I have been using it on my pc and loving it. much better than bookmarking something interesting, or trying to remember where/which document your looking for.

I however haven't used the winmo client very much as I don't find it nearly as user friendly (intuitive)

so I was over at thier site, ready to post a request for easier note taking and found out they are testing an imap integration.
this will make it much easier to create and view notes on ppc's as the ability to send an email is already embedded throughout the phone.
I'm just starting to set it up, and see if it works, but wanted to see who else even uses it? and let ppl know about the following...
Quote:
Evernote IMAP Alpha

Evernote's IMAP support is currently experimental. We cannot guarantee that it will work consistently.
If you wish to try it, follow the instructions here.

thinking a partnership with dashwire would be sweet. i know your watching...
Old 07-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good work

Why is their WinMo app so ugly compared to the Iphone's? Why do developers thing WinMo apps have to be so freakin ugly.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:57 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

yea, I'll never understand why every app rushes to the Iphone, when winmo's been around alot longer and more developers should be familiar with it, but alas it seems thier just lazy I think. I think iphone does more of the "look" and is probably less customizable as far as layout ect.. goes.

have you tried the imap yet? I haven't gotten around to it yet, and I know poutlook is "ugly" but I know there are other mail clients out there, that have to look nicer..

I don't really care about how it looks, just ease of use.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
I don't really care about how it looks, just ease of use.
Well yea, but sometimes the look as a lot to do with the ease of use. For example, the iphone evernote app is finger friendly, while the winmo version is not (stylus friendly and joypad friendly). Using the fingers is much easier tha pulling out the stylus, and we have a big enough screen to have an app look exactly like the iphone app. Is that because the winmo version has to be compatible with smartphones (non-touch screen devices)?
Old 07-19-2008, 05:31 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

I agree completely, and yes like I said I think they were being lazy and just wrote the most basic code they could. they obviously wrote it with wmPro compatibility otherwise the the touch-screen wouldn't work at all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software