PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800

Les Wilson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Interface Customizing Software Recommendation

Hello all - first post from a new VX6800 owner. I am a graphic artist by trade and am amazed at the level of customization that some of you users have been able to do on your phones! After going thru multiple themes and interface threads here and on XDA, I have a very basic grasp of how its done but would appreciate some guidance as to the software that users have found to be both powerful and easy to use. SPB Mobile Shell, HTC Customizer, UL, WA, and WAD seem to be mentioned frequently. With these proggies in mind, which have you, the user found to be

(1) The easiest to use with a minimual learning curve
(2) The most powerful as regards it's ability to go beyond the basics and offer the user options that aren't found in the other programs.

I know that 1 and 2 often are at odds with each other when it comes to software but if I can find a happy "medium" to get started with I will be happy.

Your comments and/or suggestions will be appreciated and I hope that before too long, I can become a contributing member to this community.

Thanks,
Les Wilson
VX6800 Stock On VZW
Old 07-01-2008, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

gammarho55 is keeping up the good workgammarho55 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Interface Customizing Software Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Wilson View Post
Hello all - first post from a new VX6800 owner. I am a graphic artist by trade and am amazed at the level of customization that some of you users have been able to do on your phones! After going thru multiple themes and interface threads here and on XDA, I have a very basic grasp of how its done but would appreciate some guidance as to the software that users have found to be both powerful and easy to use. SPB Mobile Shell, HTC Customizer, UL, WA, and WAD seem to be mentioned frequently. With these proggies in mind, which have you, the user found to be

(1) The easiest to use with a minimual learning curve
(2) The most powerful as regards it's ability to go beyond the basics and offer the user options that aren't found in the other programs.

I know that 1 and 2 often are at odds with each other when it comes to software but if I can find a happy "medium" to get started with I will be happy.

Your comments and/or suggestions will be appreciated and I hope that before too long, I can become a contributing member to this community.

Thanks,
Les Wilson
VX6800 Stock On VZW
well, let me be the first to say welcome and i hope you enjoy all the great people here... i know i have.
now to the nitty-gritty... i've tried all the programs you have listed there. all have their ups and downs- WAD is pretty user intensive, if you don't know exactly what you're doing it can be a real pain. UL is pretty basic, nothing too fancy about it, but it gives you easy access to all your programs and plugins. i used mobile shell for quite awhile. there's a thread over a xda that is devoted to customizing shell, and it may be the 2nd best program i've used. but the best one for me so far, would have to be throttlauncher. its the closest thing to the diamond so far, and has very little user setup. anyways, the best thing to do is bury your nose in the threads with the search button and find out what is gonna work best for you.

If someone helped you with a problem, hit the thanks button and let them know you appreciate their time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software