PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

mocker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmocker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmocker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmocker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Over the Air install site

I've started a new site, http://www.otainstall.com, that is designed to let you quickly install apps from PocketIE on your phone. It's password protected for now, just to keep the volume limited a bit. You can log in with the password 'blahblah'.

It's pretty new, so please let me know any bugs that you find. Also note that you should be able to upload apps to the site so that others can download them.

I'll be taking suggestions on category name improvements, etc..

Let me know what you think!
This post has been thanked 55 times.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Over the Air install site

I'll check it out this evening, thanks!

Ok so I didn't wait. I also uploaded a file and it went well. Nice work

Last edited by rainfreak; 06-04-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

munnarg is keeping up the good workmunnarg is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to munnarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocker View Post
I've started a new site, http://www.otainstall.com, that is designed to let you quickly install apps from PocketIE on your phone. It's password protected for now, just to keep the volume limited a bit. You can log in with the password 'blahblah'.

It's pretty new, so please let me know any bugs that you find. Also note that you should be able to upload apps to the site so that others can download them.

I'll be taking suggestions on category name improvements, etc..

Let me know what you think!
I just uploaded a program and it went pretty smoothly. I have yet to try to install something though. Nice job by the way.

added another program just now. Tried out the install and the prompt came up pretty quickly. good work.

Last edited by munnarg; 06-04-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:46 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I like a site like this, Thanks T M Z
Old 06-04-2008, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

Sounds like a cool idea...but when I enter the password, all I see is a white page.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 06-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Threadstarter

mocker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmocker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmocker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmocker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus View Post
Sounds like a cool idea...but when I enter the password, all I see is a white page.
There was an error that I think I fixed. Please hit me up in a PM if you still have problems with what brower/phone you are using. Thanks for letting me know!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Ok... this is an AWESOME site!

Suggestion: add a disclaimer that you are not responsible for content downloaded just in case someone gets a virus...

Now, is it alright if I upload my library of updated .cab files? I have about 300MB worth current software...?
Old 06-04-2008, 10:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

Dude...seriously cool as I thought. Most definitely add the disclaimer. And when I get time I will upload everything that I have that hasn't been uploaded.

Any ways to do checks on the backend to see if a cab has already been uploaded? I could see this becoming a maintenance nightmare if people upload without searching first...
Old 06-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Yea, also, with the disclaimer, add a check box at the bottom of every download page that says 'I understand the risks of downloading software from any site. I will not hold OTAInstall liable for any damage caused to my device, or for any copyright infringement.'
Old 06-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

robp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good work

Great job! Really great idea. I agree with the idea's that the other posters made. Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software