PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

___________ is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Remote for PPC

Okay. Is there a way to sign a permanent IP addy to your PPC. After my phone is rebooted the IP is renewed.

PM me if you're interested in having a stoday screen setup like this.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

No. Sprint, like nearly all providers, uses DHCP to provide IP adderesses to client devices. Therefore you are stuck with that you get from them.

However, don't get too frustrated yet, because there is still hope for you! I just did a quick Google search and found a free application that allows you to run dynamic DNS on your PPC device. I downloaded and loaded it, and it does indeed work.

You have to first go to http://www.dyndns.com and setup a free account. After choosing your free domain name install the attached file to your PPC. It is a free version of a web server for PPC, which includes the use of dynamic DNS from http://www.dyndns.com. You can actually skip the web server part if you just want to use the dynamic DNS portion.

Try it out and let me know...
Attached Files
File Type: zip MWS-PPC.zip (1.72 MB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-03-2008, 04:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

That's pretty cool. I had no idea there was a dyndns updater for PPC.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:56 PM
calash

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

A web server for PPC? That just sounds scary to me...

Scary but fun
Old 06-03-2008, 05:19 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

i tried to use my mobiler to connect to my ppc and it just says connecting and thats about it, it stops and im back where i started again. any ideas?
Old 06-03-2008, 05:37 PM
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

MyMobiler requires Activesync. Do you have Activesync installed and working on the PC you're using?
Old 06-03-2008, 05:39 PM
GT!
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

GT! is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
i tried to use my mobiler to connect to my ppc and it just says connecting and thats about it, it stops and im back where i started again. any ideas?
What version of My Mobiler? I tired to use it with an older version and it never worked for me. I upgraded to the latest version a few days ago and it worked great. Don't know if it is related to the upgrade, but certainly start with getting the latest.

-GT
Old 06-03-2008, 05:54 PM
When will then be now?

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

i have version 1.23 build 80520.030 and i thought this was saying that you didnt have to be connected thru active sync and you could connect thru the internet with the connect with ip thingy :-p
Old 06-03-2008, 06:39 PM
VIP Member

Oh, ya, I forgot about the IP connection option. I haven't played with that though. Are you sure you have the correct IP?
Old 06-03-2008, 06:39 PM
When will then be now?

well, im sure i followed the directions that were posted above. not sure if it was right though :-p

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software