PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 08:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What is everyone using for notes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIgster View Post
Neither did I until I read this.

I couldn't figure out how to get it installed on my Touch, but after doing some research, I found the OneNote cab file is in the following folder in the Office folder:

\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033\

It's called: OneNoteMobile.CAB

In case you couldn't find it or others needed the info...
Thanks for posting that...I had meant to go back and edit my post with the installation details but I forgot.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jaggrey is keeping up the good workjaggrey is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jaggrey

Where on the PPC does it actually store the OneNote files so you can back them up or access them on a PC?
Old 09-30-2008, 12:55 PM
MLU
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

MLU is just getting started

jottnotes
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:59 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I've been using Evernote
I don't use the ppc side very often but I love the pc side, integrates well with ff3.. it's a great way to note info and have credit/bibliography type info available.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Onenote, and the standard one. I draw alot of diagrams so the standard works real nice for that
Don't forget to hit the

Old 09-30-2008, 07:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIgster View Post
Neither did I until I read this.

I couldn't figure out how to get it installed on my Touch, but after doing some research, I found the OneNote cab file is in the following folder in the Office folder:

\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033\

It's called: OneNoteMobile.CAB

In case you couldn't find it or others needed the info...
Couldn't find the .cab on either my PC (which has Office 2007 installed) or PPC.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
Couldn't find the .cab on either my PC (which has Office 2007 installed) or PPC.
I couldn't either.

~John
Old 10-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

jaggrey is keeping up the good workjaggrey is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jaggrey

Where are the OneNote files stored on the phone?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

themirthfulswami is a n00b

I've been using ListPro for notes. Great app, a lot of customization options. I don't have much of a need to sync to my desktop so I'm pretty happy with it.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

monkeyboy is keeping up the good workmonkeyboy is keeping up the good work

Moving from PalmOS, this is the one area that I have yet to find anything close in the WM world to the old but very functional PalmOS Memo+Find combo. It is remarkable that this 12+ year old functionality that was in PalmOS from the very beginning STILL doesn't have a comparable counterpart in the WM world. Here is what I can't yet do in WM that I really, really want ...
1) simple Notes/Memo app to be able to write simple text memos that sync with ASCII/text on a PC, building up DOZENS of such memos, some can be quite long.
2) hit a FIND/SEARCH function on PPC and search through those memos RAPIDLY (and it would be nice if FIND/SEARCH also searched through other DBs on PPC, like Word docs, Emails, Contacts, etc (this is what Palm FIND does).
3) FIND/SEARCH produces a single line per hit report of all the hits for the search.
4) tapping on a hit puts you right into that memo/document, in the right app, AT THE RIGHT LOCATION of the hit, so you are ready to view or edit.

Simple, right ? PalmOS did it 12+ YEARS ago. But I know of no way of doing this in WM, even using 3rd party apps. Here is what's wrong:

1) WM SEARCH is SLOW, SLOW, SLOW, probably 100-1000X slower than Palm FIND.
2) WM SEARCH does not search through Word docs or emails.
3) When WM SEARCH gets a hit, and you select it, it DOES NOT put you into the note at the right place, the place of the hit, but only at the beginning.
4) WM NOTES has no search/find function! so you couldn't find a string in it even if you wanted to (after WM SEARCH).

Right now I've resorted to using an old, unsupported 3rd WM app called Tombo... its the best thing that comes close to doing the above. At least it has a search function that allows you to search across all of its memos and puts you into the point of the search hit.

Suggestions welcome... I think the WM/Std world does have a 3rd app called SmartphoneNotes that comes close, but it doesn't work on PPC.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software