PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2008, 05:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

socca1157 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Speech to text software?

It seems like all the old A900 users are looking for the same programs...
Old 04-26-2008, 10:46 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
MS Voice Command will not do speech to text, only text to speech. I reallyonly posted it here because Blaqueman said he wanted to try it and didn't think it was compatible. I have never heard of a speech to text for PPC and I question how well one would work, if found, because of the vast differences between the devices.
I would imagine that processor and memory limitations would also have a big effect on at speech-to-text program on a PPC. I suppose someone could have adapted an old version of Via Voice or something similar, or at least used that as a starting point in trying to develop a program that didn't have a huge footprint, but I have my doubts that it's possible, at least with today's systems.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 04-27-2008, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: SPrint

JaxDreamFunding is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to JaxDreamFunding Send a message via MSN to JaxDreamFunding

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I'm with Coz on this one, I have been using Jott for a month or so, and eventhough you have to make a call to use it, the system is GREAT for those 'quickie' texts while your driving, or just sending yourself reminders. I like the fact that there is no download, those voice-type apps utilize a LOT of running memory!!!
Jott is the BOMB!!!!! works great and it is very reliable -- especially when sending reminders to yourself!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:09 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Speech to Text Texting?

Is there a speech to text texting deal? It would make driving and texting much safer (not that I text and drive of course) if I needed to text for example. A small bluetooth headset couldn't hurt either. Any suggestions? Or is my idea so radical it hasn't been done yet?
Old 07-22-2008, 03:39 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
Re: Speech to Text Texting?

i dont know but this would be an awesome idea for me i definitely need this.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 07-22-2008, 03:40 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I think it is a good safety issue.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:43 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

i drive alot so this would definitely help me.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Radar is a n00b

I believe there is a company out there doing this. The company is based out of Boston, MA i believe. It is www.vlingo.com Right now it seems they only support the blackberry's but they have a usability testing section. I am going to attempt to sign up.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: At&t

jrflurry is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to jrflurry

There are a few samsung phones out there with speach to text texting. i had it on my old m100. It was really helpful as long as you were in a SILENT room. any background noise and it became worthless.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:39 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

http://www.mobilevoicecontrol.com/Index/index.htm
I know this doesnt do text but it will do a short email so potentially you could set the contact up (1234567890@sprintpcs.com) and send it that way but it does do some other interesting stuff.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software