PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 05:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
Exclamation Problems With 'HTC Audio Manager' [Freezing,..]

As you can see, I own a Mogul/Titan. I've been running HTC Audio Manager ever since it was put on this site. I've never had a single problem with it...until today.

I wiped my SD Card clean of music so that I could 'start over.' I threw a good amount of songs on my card... When I opened Audio Manager it completed it's search/update of the new music.

Unfortunately, when I touch the song I want to hear it either freezes (causing a soft-reset) or flags the low memory thing where it asks you to shut down a different program. I tried closing File Explorer from that menu, but then my screen went white and it stayed that way.

I read a post by someone who had the same EXACT problem. However, he has an Apache, and he fixed this problem by not having so many songs on his card. I deleted all but 20 songs, but I'm STILL having this problem. (Also, I normally have around 30-40 songs, and it's always worked fine in the past.)

After all that I tried uninstalling Audio Manager, then reinstalling...no go. I still have the same problem.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I could really use your help, because I can't stand WMP. WMP reads all the sounds from my games, and it would take forever to remove them from the playlist. (Plus the buttons are tiny, which sucks when I'm driving...)

-Touche'
Old 04-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Problems With 'HTC Audio Manager' [Freezing,..]

HTC Audio Manager, like WMP, requires the use of a library. This hogs memory, causing problems. One of many reasons why I prefer PocketMusic, which makes use of operating system DLLs instead of needing a library. Another reason for PM is that you can map music playing operations to buttons of your choice, which gives you better control, especially when in bright sun light which makes the screen hard to read, or while driving your car.

The full featured bundle version of PocketMusic is $19.95, but there's a fair lot of features in the free version. Both are available here...
http://www.pocketmind.com/pocketmusic.htm
Old 04-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
Re: Problems With 'HTC Audio Manager' [Freezing,..]

Yeah, I tried Pocket Music once, but it didn't work for me at all. It started out fine, but it messed a lot of things up. My notification settings, screen setting..etc. I mean, my phone was just fine until I tried that app. The SECOND it was installed my phone went all buggy. Thanks for the reply, though...

Actually, I ended up figuring it out anyway. My g/f had used the phone for a day, and she put her own music on it in a different location on the storage card. I had no idea she'd done that...so there was just too much music on it. (Still kinda sucks...lol)

-Touche'

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software