PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling
Community server for programs/filesharing

wondering what everyone thought of the idea?? i have loads of stuff to contribute. this would minimize searching, as well as waiting for "rapidshare & megaupload" links which is broken links half the time anyway. "ALL" the progs we have and frequently use can be located on an easily accessed server.

anyone have available server space for a project like this?? i would suggest xdrive which is free for 5 gigs...as i do have an account and drive there but...it's not accessible from the phone which in my opinion is a handicap.

I feel this would be very useful and hopefully others will feel the same so we can maybe get this ball rolling.

Last edited by stifiling; 03-08-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Re: Community server for programs/filesharing

Not a good idea IMHO. The chance of warez being posted would be too great, or a developer might not want us to host hid program(s) for a variety of reasons. Plus we have this site, the FTP, ppcfreewarez.com. I will agree with you in that rapidshare is a pain.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 03-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Lurker

chocjeezy is a n00b

FTP? as a lurker/newbie thats news to me... what do you do to get access to that?
Old 03-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by budney View Post
Not a good idea IMHO. The chance of warez being posted would be too great, or a developer might not want us to host hid program(s) for a variety of reasons. Plus we have this site, the FTP, ppcfreewarez.com. I will agree with you in that rapidshare is a pain.
many programs are prohibited from being uploaded to this site, the FTP, and ppcfreewarez.com.

many programs are also hard to find. and the sites ftp is not a great place to look for them.

there's another popular website which has a lot of ppc games and programs, but getting them is rather cumbersome and the site is down too often. like right now for example.

yes indeed...this would really help us out wit that problem.

Last edited by stifiling; 03-08-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

guess i'll go ahead and start setting up the xdrive till hopefully something better comes along.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software