PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Lurker

CarRamrod is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wisbar Advance Desktop Question

I tried to install WAD on my XV6700 but it wouldn't install because of a certificate, how do I install it? Also, the install was unsuccessful but for some reason every time I slide to unlock(iPhone theme) I get a notification that says something for WAD failed to launch(wakeup.exe) but IDK why it tries to launch it since I don't have WAD installed. Can someone help me install WAD or help to get rid of this annoying notification? Thanks.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody
Re: Wisbar Advance Desktop Question

Ok first off I should ask if you have it stored on your device or Storage Card. I have found that installation on the SD Card historically is very problematic. I dont think it was designed to be stored there. Make sure it is stored on the main memory of the device. Now uninstall the version you have now. Do a soft reset and install it again and make sure as stated above that it is stored on the device. If that fails as well you should check to see what other programs your running that maybe in conflict with WA. Additionally make sure you have a publish version and not a Beta version. Also go to the Lakeridge Software Forum for additional help
Old 04-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

CarRamrod is a n00b

Ok well it is on my storage card as I don't have enough internal storage for it(I only have about 2MB left) because of all of my iPhone theme stuff. I don't really care if I get it installed I just want this annoying notification to stop appearing every time I slide to unlock. I can't uninstall anything because it never installed correctly.
Random question but is there an AIM mobile I can put on my 6700? One that uses wifi and not airtime or data. Also, does Opera Mini use wifi if I'm connected? It always asks me about airtime usage every time I start it up even though I'm connected to my wireless router.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarRamrod View Post
Ok well it is on my storage card as I don't have enough internal storage for it(I only have about 2MB left) because of all of my iPhone theme stuff. I don't really care if I get it installed I just want this annoying notification to stop appearing every time I slide to unlock. I can't uninstall anything because it never installed correctly.
Random question but is there an AIM mobile I can put on my 6700? One that uses wifi and not airtime or data. Also, does Opera Mini use wifi if I'm connected? It always asks me about airtime usage every time I start it up even though I'm connected to my wireless router.
!. Get Palringo (attatched) its the best free chat and IM app out there in my opinion.
2. When I had the 6700 I used Wifi when ever I was away from the house,
go to Start Menu\Settings\Connections\Wifi and setup the Wifi to recieve
All Available and your Wifi should alert you when a Wifi or Wireless Hotspot
is available. When the Wifi alert pops up click connect then you will be
using your Wifi.
3. Does Opera Mini use Wifi? Any Internet connection you use can use Wifi
You just have to make sure you setup Wifi to detect all available as I
described above.
Lastly, your device will always ask you about airtime usage just to advise you that you are using airtime. You should get a unlimited data plan with verizon, but even with an unlimited plan you will still recieve airtime usage alerts. Its just a service your carrier provides to warn that airtime usage is begining for those who do not have an umlimited data plan. I hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Palringo.zip (473.8 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Goddbody; 04-14-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

CarRamrod is a n00b

Well I've had wifi setup but I just need help on how to connect to a network that requires a username and password, my school is a private networl but IDK where/how to enter my name and pssword. Also, any tips on how to get rid of this annoying notification for WAD that I stated in the first post?
Old 04-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

CarRamrod is a n00b

Hey I just got WA3 but whenever I use a theme from here or anywhere the task bar(top bar on screen) won't be skinned from the theme but when I use the default WA3 theme it uses the theme that one tells it to, which is WM6. Help please? This is completely different from WA2 so I'm confused with it that's all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software