PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2008, 05:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SPB Mobile Shell 2.0 Beta

Well....either way we should all find out on Tuesday according to SPB, so I guess if we can make it till then we should all get our reward (yeah.....easy to say!!!)!!!!

Old 02-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
That is a older beta and there is a newer build that is a RC.

When officially released, there will be a new build even higher than the RC version--so yeah, there are quite a few revisions between yours and what will be released. Whether those are bug fixes, enhancements or new features is not known/public at this time.
Thanks for the info Mal.

late,
Coz
Old 02-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint hero
Carrier: sprint

98classic is keeping up the good work98classic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to 98classic

this program sucks and is a memory hog. the only thing it does over 1.5 is ad a contacts page which you can put 12 in if i'm not mistaking. ohh yea and the fact that you can change in between the 3 pages by finger gesture. i'll stick to 1.5 much quicker. plus i only use it for browsing through my programs and stuff.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:34 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I really don't see any time lag in mine, and the memory footprint is virtually identical to the previous version in my WX....maybe I got lucky, but I kinda like it!!
Old 02-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

I agree with syrguy...it seems pretty snappy. Even changing between tabs on the today screen seems faster.

Could be due to the superiority of the 700wx though

late,
Coz
Old 02-29-2008, 08:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

ecker is keeping up the good workecker is keeping up the good work

the program doesn't lag or hog at all on my mogul.. i love it actually.. just what i needed.. has everything i want on the now screen.. and the tabs are exactly what i want too.. spb did their research for sure
Old 02-29-2008, 09:27 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
I agree with syrguy...it seems pretty snappy. Even changing between tabs on the today screen seems faster.

Could be due to the superiority of the 700wx though

late,
Coz
I can always trust Coz to toss in a plug for the power of the WX!!!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I can always trust Coz to toss in a plug for the power of the WX!!!!!
It does rock on the 700wx, but then again...to get technical...the 700wx uses the MSM-6500 chipset aka ARM 9 processor which sort of rocks.

Newer devices use the MSM-7xxx series with the ARM 11 processor which...err..under-performs to put it nicely.

In other words on my 700wx, PointUI's animations were very fluid whereas on the Mogul is was choppy. This is the whole "slow graphics on HTC devices" controversy rearing it's head.

Another option to consider: kill SPB MS using a process viewer and now UPX (UPX4PPC) that file and the other one--this will make the program even more zippy and save on ROM space.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Scooter_in_WI is becoming a great contributor

I am loving it so far! Got it running on the Touch. I wish I could figure out how to get TouchFLO to open Mobile Shell instead of the cube. That's so yesterday!!
Anyone have any ideas?
Old 03-01-2008, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

You can "open" open mobile shell by dragging from the start button to the middle of your screen (diagonally) and holding. There you will see the 3 screens come to the foreground and you can pick which one you want to go to...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software