PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 03:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Mogul
Carrier: Sprint Sero Plan

atomsmasher is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Opera Mobile 9.405!!!!

I've just tried it, make sure you get the right version for your phone I just stupidly realized I was QVGA (look up the wiki for it if you don't know the difference it's ridiculously obvious when you see it)

Anyway I had the 9.33 beta and loved and and I would say this is a definite step up. I had a problem with my favorites before, the list would be all buggy, no such problem with this beta.
It has two awesome new hold click options Text Selection and Limit Paragraph. Text selection basically lets you choose to select text or not on the fly (turning panning off) and Limit Paragraph which I think makes this download worth it on its own. It automatically resizes the paragraphs in websites to be fully visible in one glance (as opposed to having to scroll back and forth as on the 9.33 version).

If you love opera mobile like I do (I want to have it's babies) then I highly suggest getting this cab file.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ipaq 214
Carrier: vip

ljepava is becoming a PPCGeeks regularljepava is becoming a PPCGeeks regularljepava is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

great browser for my ipaq 214.fast,rendering pages very well.pity i cant view flash. i havent tried opera 8.65.how is it compared to 9.5?
thx 4 upload
Old 05-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Mogul
Carrier: Sprint Sero Plan

atomsmasher is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljepava View Post
great browser for my ipaq 214.fast,rendering pages very well.pity i cant view flash. i havent tried opera 8.65.how is it compared to 9.5?
thx 4 upload=D>
opera 8.65 has more of an IE mobile feel for me, obviously better but the same style. It doesn't automatically zoom out to show a full page (which is the crucial feature for me), but I would say more than anything that it is extremely stable, much more than the current leaked release of 9.5.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro/Vouge
Carrier: Sprint

cardriver is keeping up the good workcardriver is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAP420 View Post
So where's the version for wm6 I downloaded to my Wing it kinda works ok. But I'm sure there's a better version than the one i have wich is Opera_9.5_Build_405_Fixed_Uninstall... and they say it's only for wm5 hmmmm.

This is the one i have and i used the darkness cab as well...everything seems ok for me
Old 05-19-2008, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

With PCMKeyboard, Opera doesn't play nice. Keeps popping up annoyingly, and NONE of the word-matching technology works. It's pretty unforgiving.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

anyone else having this issue? thanks.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:07 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

well i gotta say... i have tried all the opera builds released till today but this one is hands down the best build on my opinion!!! way faster than the diamond builds, no keyboard bug, flash works nicely, lite, and smooth. I reccomend this verion to anyone who has given up on Opera

now for the question (if anyone still uses this or knows the answer from when they did) is there a way to fix the glitch in landscape mode? its perfect in portrait but when i use my landscape for my kb, the zoom animations dont work, it just disorts and glitches the screen and the page is zoomed with no animations, kinda annoying but not annoying enough for me to get rid of this version. of anyone has any suggestions or a way to fix this, please let me know

thanx and god bless

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I FIXED IT, JUST TAP AND HOLD TO CHOOSE THE LANDSCAPE OPTION INSTEAD OF JUST OPENING THE KEYBOARD FIXES THE BUG. WOOHOO!! IM EVEN MORE IN LOVE NOW

Last edited by MikeElGiga23; 11-13-2008 at 02:21 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software