PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ultimate Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBlocker View Post
How do I create a link to a control panel applet like the alarm clock or wireless mgr? I know how to do the "21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,26" line in a .lnk file but I also want the specific ICON to show up in UL instead of a generic icon. I've tried doing google but no luck. This is the last piece before I uninstall SPB Mobile Shell and make the switch to UL!
You will probably have to create an icon that is in the .ico format. If you look around deviant art you will probably find one that is already created.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Please refere to my post here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=312.

Anyone got ideas?

-CC
Old 04-30-2008, 07:10 PM
VIP Member

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daring1 View Post
Hoping someone can help. I just started using UL and whenever I soft-reset no today plugins load. I have to go to the today screen selections, uncheck UL, reset, then re-enable UL. It'll load, but repeats the same thing once I reset.

Just to be sure I did a hard reset and only loaded UL. Same result.

Running on an Apache with Helmi's WM6.0

Thanks
I get this same exact result on my Mogul.

-CC

P.S. Lots of threads on "freezing phones" most having to do with UL and no fixes other than "do a hard reset".. I know there have to be more solutions, because there are many people that use UL..

Last edited by clockcycle; 04-30-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
I get this same exact result on my Mogul.

-CC

P.S. Lots of threads on "freezing phones" most having to do with UL and no fixes other than "do a hard reset".. I know there have to be more solutions, because there are many people that use UL..
Its a matter of the UL ini file getting corrupted. Usually its a result of trying to do something to another today plugin within UL. It is definitely in your best interest to configure any plugins outside UL and then put them back. You can recover without a hard reset if you are quick and get to the uninstall program screen before the phone freezes or if you have SBPP or other program that has a safe mode you can uninstall/reinstall UL or replace the ini from backup if you backed it up. Its a pain but I have not had this happen to me since the first week I had UL installed and I tweak it all the time. Your best bet is to make sure you are messing with the today plugins outside of UL, have the ul ini backed up if something does happen.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:46 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
Its a matter of the UL ini file getting corrupted. Usually its a result of trying to do something to another today plugin within UL. It is definitely in your best interest to configure any plugins outside UL and then put them back. You can recover without a hard reset if you are quick and get to the uninstall program screen before the phone freezes or if you have SBPP or other program that has a safe mode you can uninstall/reinstall UL or replace the ini from backup if you backed it up. Its a pain but I have not had this happen to me since the first week I had UL installed and I tweak it all the time. Your best bet is to make sure you are messing with the today plugins outside of UL, have the ul ini backed up if something does happen.

Thanks, I tried without any plugins at all, only UL and without getting to configure it, on first boot, today screen already locked/frozen.

I found out it's a bug, and may have something to do with activesync auto running. After flashing to 6.1 rom everything works fine..

-CC
Old 05-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung IP-830 HTC 6800(mogul) HTC 6900 (Vouge) HTC Fuze
Carrier: ALLTEL/Verizon Vogue 6.5 and AT&T EnergyROM 3.0

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Yeah thats true anything like HTC home Cust has to be removed from UL all together. Even something as simple as changing the clock settings or icons will corrupt UL. I haven't found any other way than to remove the plugin and replace it once i soft reset.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I'm glad it working for you. The activesync thing is the same thing I had happen when i corrupted my ini at the beginning as activsync would show up on the screen and it would just freeze. I was trying to update SBP PP from within UL and I realized that that caused the corruption. The only other program that did it to me was when I tried to integrate HTC Home which caused the same problem for UL when I tried to do anything to HTC.

I am guessing that the UL ini file was already FUBAR when you removed all of the plugins which is probably why you still go the same result even after you deactivated them in the UL Config.

At any rate make sure and back up!

Enjoy.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung IP-830 HTC 6800(mogul) HTC 6900 (Vouge) HTC Fuze
Carrier: ALLTEL/Verizon Vogue 6.5 and AT&T EnergyROM 3.0

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I'm glad it working for you. The activesync thing is the same thing I had happen when i corrupted my ini at the beginning as activsync would show up on the screen and it would just freeze. I was trying to update SBP PP from within UL and I realized that that caused the corruption. The only other program that did it to me was when I tried to integrate HTC Home which caused the same problem for UL when I tried to do anything to HTC.

I am guessing that the UL ini file was already FUBAR when you removed all of the plugins which is probably why you still go the same result even after you deactivated them in the UL Config.

Enjoy.
Oddly enough I had it lock up on me with a screen saying that Active sync had sync'd. Which it hadn't. It locked up the device even after 4 soft resets. I had to remove the SD card with UL on it before my today screen would come back up.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavidsmith View Post
Oddly enough I had it lock up on me with a screen saying that Active sync had sync'd. Which it hadn't. It locked up the device even after 4 soft resets. I had to remove the SD card with UL on it before my today screen would come back up.
Its the ini file. Since you had it on the SD card I guess you have another option. I would suggest you backing up your ini once you get it working how you like so if it happens again you can restore it without having to reconfigure anything.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:26 PM
VIP Member

Quote:

Enjoy.
Did not "remove" any plugins. I flashed a clean empty rom without plugins, no contacts, nothing, new from the factory, and installed UL. On first boot, without even ever getting into the phone, already Today screen locked.

No edits, no settings, no customizations, no nothing, brand spanking new.

Try it, flash to stock 6.0 rom and install UL. Let me know the result.

-CC

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software