PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ultimate Launch

Does it allow you to embedd today plugins? Does it add Safe Mode? Does it add button customizations and Alt+Tab? I can't live without any of those.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:02 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existentialism View Post
Does it allow you to embedd today plugins? Does it add Safe Mode? Does it add button customizations and Alt+Tab? I can't live without any of those.
Yes it does embedd today plugins, no it does not do safemode, no it doesnt have custom buttons. It does however have a very small memory foot print compared to PP. Its also most customizable in every way. If you dont care about the aninmations or small memory footprint then PP is probably just fine IMO.

Off topic, My beef with PP is that I dont use most of the stuff that comes with it an hogs my memory - close button, tabbed browsing (who has the memory for that), scrolling (not that great), custom bottons (already included in custom roms). Actually what did it for me is the lack of integration with Diary (which i use), they took away the feature that let me put each tab in each PP tab, so now i just run Diary only on my today screen and put my today plugins into that.

Last edited by PropagandaX; 04-23-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existentialism View Post
As PropagandaX said no it doesnt do everything PP does but it does do the todayscreen part way better IMO. I had already purchased PP and still have it installed for the safe mode and other features I just dont use the today plugin it. It doesnt have to be an either or situation.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

BustedNuts1 is becoming a great contributor

Is there a way to make it so that when you press one of the tabs, it launches a program instead of giving you a today screen?
Old 04-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Not sure why you would want this but why would you just not put a shortcut on the tab and hit that to launch the program. If you wanted to to be visible from all of the tabs you could certainly put a copy on each page. You could also set a gesture to launch the desired program i.e. swipe down from any tab could launch application a.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Lurker

huntingmatt418 is a n00b

Hello all first post and already a question. Does anyone know why when I soft reset or shut down my device and restart, both plug-ins start up???
Old 04-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Both? Have you deslected whatever plugin you do not want to open on the Settings>Personal>Today screen?
Old 04-25-2008, 11:01 PM
Lurker

huntingmatt418 is a n00b

Yep. Its the strangest thing. I'm ready to pull my hair out on this one. I've tried all I can think of. I soft rest, I did a hard reset, and only loaded just the UL app. Still doing the same thing. Beats all I've seen.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I have had some weird things happen with today plugins but I haven't seen that one. You might try deselecting everything on the today plugin list and see if everything returns after a soft reset. It might be something with your registry.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Tilt 8925
Carrier: AT&T

Mark43 is a n00b

Add me to the list of those who love UL. It does have a slight learning curve. The good news for me is that all the mistakes I made while learning UL (like having HTC Home in both the today screen and in UL) did not crash my Tilt. I think I have finally finished my UL. I have BatteryStatus Today-Plugin ver. 0.05.104 Build 0289 static up top on the Today Screen (I like knowing the temp and battery consumption at all times). Below BS is my UL which has 5 tabs. Thanks to eehrhard I have the header height set to 0.
The first tab is HTC Home that came with the ROM I got from Dutty over at xda-developers.com. It has my e-mail, threaded sms/mms, call log, a 9 contact photo dialer, weather, quick app launcher, music controller and phone profile.
The second tab is my fav apps.
The third tab is most of the config apps I use regularly.
The fourth tab is Windows Live plugin (for IM) above Face Contact (http://www.cnetx.com/products/contact/download.asp). I highly recommend this photo dialer. If you use this make sure you disable gestures so you can use this plugin's gesture feature.
The fifth tab is todayagenda (http://pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=1475) which I just got but like so far.
I got the icons from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=378260 props to bluemetalaxe for the icons.
The only thing I really have a desire for is a monthly calender that does not have to link to "calender" but like someone requested earlier just a view of the month. Until then...

Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UL_1.jpg (11.6 KB, 205 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg UL_2.jpg (15.3 KB, 168 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg UL_3.jpg (13.4 KB, 128 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg UL_4.jpg (10.8 KB, 145 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg UL_5.jpg (14.3 KB, 152 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Mark43; 04-26-2008 at 11:55 PM. Reason: ...duhhh...forgot to add the thumbnails...gossshhhh...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software