PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 12:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: helmi powered 6700
Carrier: verizon

midniteslice is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to midniteslice
Re: Ultimate Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
ya im on no2chems wm6.1 it launched activesync instantly....locking phone...even after a soft reset it freezes on startup..completely unresponsive...unchecking that fixes it...Like i said i had it happen 3 times on 3 hard resets after checking that box...was only program installed last 2 times.....thats how i fixed it...it still launches as well....just youhave to tap to open then on initial start...
even with it checked on mine i still have to tap to launch. it's kind of annoying becuase theres a little delay when i turn it on too. i use htc home as the first tab and i like to see it immediately.

i also have a problem runnin spb pocket plus 4 as a tab. every once in a while my icons get switched around, or they don't all appear. i tried locking all icons and whatnot, but it still happens.

Last edited by midniteslice; 03-06-2008 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ya i use htc home as well....only thing i changed since video was my header height for my videos from 26 to 7...gave more room on today so no scroll bar when filming my screen....and i dropped the #1 or #2 names for my tabs completely invisible now.....

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 03-06-2008, 01:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker

midniteslice is a n00b

i set my tab height to zero. don't need them with the animations
Old 03-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have been using UL, Pocket plus, and HTC Today all with no problems. Eventually I would like UL to replace PP and HTC apps. Just a thought Would it be helpful to compile a list of "methods" and/or "today plugins" that work well with UL? For instance there has been a few: Calender and Task plugins. How about email tab that shows my inbox, Call information (missed call, etc), Big Digital/Analog Clock, Lock Button, Picture Dial, How to make a program shortcut, and anything else that somebody might want to use?
Old 03-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker

midniteslice is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
I have been using UL, Pocket plus, and HTC Today all with no problems. Eventually I would like UL to replace PP and HTC apps. Just a thought Would it be helpful to compile a list of "methods" and/or "today plugins" that work well with UL? For instance there has been a few: Calender and Task plugins. How about email tab that shows my inbox, Call information (missed call, etc), Big Digital/Analog Clock, Lock Button, Picture Dial, How to make a program shortcut, and anything else that somebody might want to use?
i've thought about that. i would like to have a tab that is all my mail. haven't looked into it yet. right now i'm using htc home. spb pp 4, spb diary, and weatherpanel. the only problem i have is the icon prob in pp that i described in a previous post
Old 03-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Any of you guys using HTC home, i would strongly suggest you try using Stroths cab he created utilizing BatteryStatus and a custom theme. It looks spot on to HTC Home plus you get the customization you like by being able to use WP etc. Plus is it MUCH better on memory and has NO leak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
I have kind of started doing that but I have all of the sudden gotten really busy at work. For your email, if you actually want to see your inbox i think you will have to use something like Flexmail that has a today plugin. You can obiously see how many emails you have utilizing any number of plugins. I will see if I cant put together a something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
ya im on no2chems wm6.1 it launched activesync instantly....locking phone...even after a soft reset it freezes on startup..completely unresponsive...unchecking that fixes it...Like i said i had it happen 3 times on 3 hard resets after checking that box...was only program installed last 2 times.....thats how i fixed it...it still launches as well....just youhave to tap to open then on initial start...
I honestly do not think that the problem with the phone locking up has anything to do with the activate on start up being checked. I ran into this problem a couple times and it occured when i was trying to work on plugins within UL. The first time i was deleting tabs on PocketPlus and changing the settings and ended up with the activesync thing. The other time I think it was HTC Home. It found that I had somehow crupted the ini file somehow. I verified this by booting in safe mode restoring the ini file from backup and rebooting and everything was fine again. I had the activate on startup on all along. I now use BatteryStatus instead of SBP PP or HTC Home but I still have it checked and it pops right up when I boot.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Wiredengineer

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
i would strongly suggest you try using Stroths cab he created utilizing BatteryStatus and a custom theme.......you get the customization you like by being able to use WP etc.
Sorry if stupid questions: but i ran the theme cab and it didnt do anything? Also what is WP?
Old 03-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You need to add the BatteryStatus plugin into UltimateLaunch. WP = Weather Panel.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Wiredengineer

Got the HTC clone portion to install. I had to remove my previous version of batterystatus and just install the 1st cab he lists. When i tried to just install the theme cab it would not take. Now how do I show the actual battery status is the same tab? My HTC home clone is current called battery status......confused.

Last edited by PropagandaX; 03-06-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Wiredengineer

Re: Battery Status - HTC Clone Skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
For those that do not have BatteryStatus installed and want the HTC like screen.....

Stroths, Is there any way to extract out the "indicator" portion of this theme. I have my own clock I want to use?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software