PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 12:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6800/HTC Titan/Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

initial is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google Navigator - GPS Navigation Using GoogleMaps

I know a lot of people wished that google would implement a more comprehensive GPS navigation interface. I came across this application and thought I'd share it with you guys. I haven't used it myself but I was wondering if anyone has before. If so, can you point out its pros and cons?

Link: http://www.pdafun.net

What is Google Navigator?

Google Navigator is the most powerful and easy to use GPS navigation software on your Pocket PC. Also is the best and most easy to use and convenient software on your Pocket PC. All map data is transferred from Google via network, and save permanently on your device until you want to delete it.

Key features
  • Three view mode: Map mode, Satellite mode and Hybrid mode
  • Map can rotated in all 3D angle and move in all directions like Google Earth on your pc
  • Search the up to date location and business via network
  • Pick some favorites locations to appear all in map
  • step-by-step voice and turn directions in GPS navigation
  • Save the track line and load it in Google Navigator .
  • Convert track line to Google KML format and open it in Google Earth in PC
  • Send the GPS position or the Selected position by SMS ,MMS and email.

More Screenshots: http://pdafun.net/screenshot.htm
Old 02-12-2008, 01:03 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
No I tried it a while ago and couldn't get it to work at all on my 6800 and now I just tried again and still no luck. I used it on my blackberry years ago and it rocked. Will be nice if we get it for our ppc's.

Last edited by Lsme420; 02-12-2008 at 01:10 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6800/HTC Titan/Mogul
Threadstarter

initial is just getting started
that's a shame. I just downloaded the trial and loaded it on my 6800, it just lagged the program to a screeching halt.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE

ehess is a n00b
Same here, it didn't lock up my phone, but it is soooooo slow as to be usless. Looks like a great app though.

--
Eric
Old 02-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Ditto on it not working on my mogul. I couldnt even get it to load and just gave up and went back to Navigon.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
TrackMe

I havent tried this, but I ran across this TrackMe program recently. It works great on my mogul, has a lot of functions that all work for me, you can use it with this guys website or you can setup your own if you have web hosting somewhere. it allows you to save kml files locally so you can load them into googlemaps or googlearth later. you can adjust the time in between waypoints and even shut the gps off in between checks to save battery power. It works great with this guys website, but I'm getting an error when I try to get it to upload to mine after setting it up. Great program though- find it here-
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=340667
Old 02-12-2008, 01:47 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpctech View Post
I havent tried this, but I ran across this TrackMe program recently. It works great on my mogul, has a lot of functions that all work for me, you can use it with this guys website or you can setup your own if you have web hosting somewhere. it allows you to save kml files locally so you can load them into googlemaps or googlearth later. you can adjust the time in between waypoints and even shut the gps off in between checks to save battery power. It works great with this guys website, but I'm getting an error when I try to get it to upload to mine after setting it up. Great program though- find it here-
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=340667
No turn by turn directions...It only helps if I know where I'm at. Unless..... the guy with the website lets me call him and ask for directions? Ha
Old 02-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TheDude1120 is keeping up the good workTheDude1120 is keeping up the good work
how are u gonna give us a link to xda with links that dont even work lololol
Old 02-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Ok to initial, thanks for putting this up, but most here are looking for that 'holy grail' gps solution that has turn-by-turn voice prompts, but most importantly is FREE while doing so. If livesearch just went to the next step and provided this feature - again while remaining free of charge -- then it would be a killer app! As it stands it is the best free offering i have come across, but we just want them to go the extra mile.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279
Re: Google Navigator - GPS Navigation Using GoogleMaps

I have this program working on my Touch with the internal gps. Havent had a chance to test it extensively but it works. Gettin locks inside my dorm room

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software