PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jet
Carrier: Sprint

trav230 is keeping up the good worktrav230 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Voicemail Plugin 1.2 (Conduits)

Has anyone tried this plug-in for the Pocket Player? It looks like it will give us iPhone like voicemail functions. I've attached the .zip file for those who want to try it and have Pocket Player.

Here's what the web site claims:
This plugin adds a "Voicemail" choice in the Browser, and scans your Inbox (or other mail folders) for messages with WAV attachments. It lets you browse them by date, listen to them with random access, and adds a Call Back menu command.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Here's a bit more insight to how it works...it's not "true" Visual Voice Mail:

NEW PLUGIN: VOICEMAIL

Pocket Player 3.2 introduces a voicemail plugin that enables integrated Inbox WAV attachment playback to the software. Many phone systems offer email-based voicemail delivery in the form of a WAV file attachment to a small message. Windows Mobile devices have the ability to receive these messages, but playback has traditionally been buggy and on most devices, does not even play the messages properly. Pocket Player can play these WAV attachments, and the new "gen_voicemail" plugin adds a "Voicemail" item to the Pocket Player Browser. This plugin scans all the messages in your Inbox (or other folders) for ones with a WAV attachment, displays the date and time received, the subject of the message (which usually includes the phone number that called the user), allows you to play the messages in random order, and can seek within the message. The plugin goes one step further by parsing the phone number out of the voicemail text, adding a "Call Number"
command to the Pocket Player main menu. This gives the user a seamless experience with their voicemails and Pocket Player.

late,
Coz
Old 02-11-2008, 07:26 PM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Im So Sick In Everywhere I Got Seeing Posts Or Questions On How To Make Their Phone Like The Iphone... If U Want Ur Phone To Be Like An Iphone Go By A @#$%&*^ I Phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jet
Threadstarter

trav230 is keeping up the good worktrav230 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Okay thanks. I saw that you can view them and choose which once to listen to and though iPhone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software