PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad
Re: SMS-Chat by Vito Technologies Threaded SMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexterously View Post
They must be saved in 16 bits per pixel format. If you have Photoshop, save them to bmp with 16bit selected. Mine display but the colors come out choppy. I'm not sure why. I was able to successfully display a heart but when I tried something else the colors get distorted. If you figure it out let me know.

I'm thinking that there are limited colors allowed.
I was trying to add a rose and the Loser smiley. I guess I'll try what you said and see if that works. Also, did you have to changes the 'names' file that shows what must be typed in order for the emoticon to work. I keep changing the file and doing a save as, but everytime I open it back up it has reverted to the previous version.
"If I've shared info that was helpful 2 U, it's always nice 2 get a Thank You!"
Old 09-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

Oh, I see that in version 1.16 they also fixed that issue with the web links being cut off in I.E. Now, when you click on a link, it goes straight to the site.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Can anyone tell me if this program works OK in WM 6.1??

I realize it's not really needed as 6.1 does threaded texting, but I am really used to the look/feel/features etc of the Vito program so I would really prefer to use that.

The thing is, I am on Verizon with an XV6800 & after flashing to 3.42.5 & dcd 3.2.6, I had a terrible time getting MMS to work correctly (I could send a text message, but it failed every time when sending an image) & I'm kinda scared to mess with it now as I'm not really sure how I fixed the problem.........

~John
Old 09-11-2008, 05:26 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

I realize it's not really needed as 6.1 does threaded texting, but I am really used to the look/feel/features etc of the Vito program so I would really prefer to use that.

The thing is, I am on Verizon with an XV6800 & after flashing to 3.42.5 & dcd 3.2.6, I had a terrible time getting MMS to work correctly (I could send a text message, but it failed every time when sending an image) & I'm kinda scared to mess with it now as I'm not really sure how I fixed the problem.........

~John
Yes this works in wm6.1.

I have no idea about the mms, I am on sprint and it seems as if sprint figured since I could spend 300 dollars for a phone I wouldn't have any money left to spend on picture mail, so they took it from me.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond2
Carrier: AT&T

Dexterously is a n00b

Is it just my phone or in 1.16 version the MMS messages don't show up? Previously it showed up like "Sender(m)"

About the smiles, I got in contact with one of the developers and hoping to get more insight.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

themirthfulswami is a n00b

Quote:

I have it working well in WM6.1 after having an issue with my outgoing text messages vanishing. Once I turned on "keep a copy of sent messages" in POutlook, that problem vanished. Wasn't on by default.. so if your sent sms are vanishing before your eyes in SMS-Chat, that seems to be the fix

SMS-Chat is also much much better than the built-in threaded SMS in POutlook, IMO. Still glad I bought the app!
Old 09-17-2008, 03:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch; HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Cahl is a n00b

I looked on the vito web site for the 1.6 version. Would someone please post a link to it.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

For some reason, Vito's website is not showing that the software has been updated. It still lists version 1.1. However, you can get version 1.6 at IWindowsMobile's website. Here's the link: http://www.iwindowsmobile.com/thread...messaging.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post

SMS-Chat is also much much better than the built-in threaded SMS in POutlook, IMO. Still glad I bought the app!
I agree. I have 6.1 now & I tried the WM6.1 threaded texting thinking I didn't really need SMS-Chat. I installed SMS-Chat two days later & I LOVE it.

~John
Old 09-17-2008, 04:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch; HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Cahl is a n00b

Thanks a bunch!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software