PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2007, 03:40 AM
Lurker

rubinox is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please Help! new treo finicky keyboard issues

hey everybody, I posted this on different site a couple of hours ago, but I'm kind of panicing as I just noticed, my warranty has expired.. anyways IF anybody has any advice, your help would be grreeaat thankyou!

I'm now using my third 700wx, previously owned the 650 with no problems.
anyways, today I dropped it (not a bad drop, but bad enough to call it a drop) and soon after a few keys on the keyboard stopped working.. I tried a hard reset, but discovered the up key is amoung the keys not working, along with the e, d, x, 0, and left. (maybe a few others) I googled the problem and all I came up with was removing my screen protector and inspecting the keyboard carefully both of which I tried. does anybody know of avway to hard reset without using the <up> key? I'm not even sure if that will fix the problem but its worth a try.. or am I destined to swap for yet another, fourth treo?? it sure seems weird that only a few of the keys aren't working. anybody have any suggestions for me?

**EDIT - Found PALM hard reset .exe application, reset treo to no avail, keyboard still isn't functioning properly.

uh-oh.. my situation has just worsened.. a lot.. Thanks for the hard reset app, but after I did that i tried using Sprite Backup to restore everything again.. The treo reset without warning, I got a ActiveSync error, and now when i try to boot it back up it freezes on the "Windows Mobile" boot screen with the red/green/blue/yellow spinny thing. It just keeps spinning and spinning and it has now been spinning for 10 minutes.. I've tried soft resetting a few times, and I cant hard-reset again because I dont have an <up> key. I can't use the reset app, because I obviously can't access it. I think i just really screwed myself over. Any ideas?

EDIT: popped the battery out, put it back in.. now treo boots to Set Time screen.. also with spinny thing. Windows is responsive (I can check whether or not to use netowrk time) It also appears that something is booting in the background, perhaps spbservices.exe, I think it might have shown be something instantly one of the times i treid reseting. Pressing 'Finish' removes spinny thing, however nothing happens after that, and the os appears to lock up. What are the people at the cell store going to think?
Old 01-06-2007, 05:59 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)
Carrier: Sprint

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant
I think you broke your keyboard...
I dropped mine a few weeks ago and the H key along with the keys right next to it stopped working...

I had to call and get a replacement from Insurance to fix it.....

Good Luck on this!

-Chris
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 01-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
you got the insurance plan for that phone? if not, add it. they wont fix it in the store without the insurance.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23
try to add insurance if you don't have it, but don't tell them your phone is damaged. I don't know for how long you have had the phone but if its less than 30 days then you'll be fine.
samsung 680, a700, 920, legendary 9k, a900, 6700, treo 700wx, 6800, 6700, 6800(collecting dust), as of 01/09/08 htc touch, and 5/24/08 finally the blackberry curve, 10/15/08 touch pro, 4/30/09 boring blackberry curve again.
12/04/09 DROID.
WM, HTC, and BB can go to hell now.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:14 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rubinox is a n00b
okay, thanks for the help guys.. brought the phone in and their going to swap it. the replacement should be here by monday.. i hope.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software