PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 06:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nebel777 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to nebel777
Lightbulb 2 Questions...Controller for games & watching surveillance from phone??

Okay I've got two questions about the HTC titan. My first one is about the emulators that I've downloaded to my phone. I like to play the super nes but its hard to because of button configurations. So basically I was wondering if I could hook up a controller (i.e. a playstation 3 wireless controller, or possibly a bluetooth operated controller) to the phone somehow. Like the playstation 3 wireless controllers have a USB plug for charging it...is there anyway i could get a USB cord that has just two ends that are exactly alike and hook up a PS3 controller to it and configure the buttons on the controller to work for the video game??? Or i heard taht the Wii controllers are bluetooth operated. Any suggestions??

NEXT QESTION::
I have recently hooked up a surveillance system for my home. I would like to be able to watch it from my phone somehow. I have a DVR card that I believe is to be hooked up to a computer and then it records up to 75 days. Is there any way I can watch this real-time via a webcam or some type of device over the internet. I really would like to have this so I can watch the house while I am away at play.
Thanks guys
Stevo
Old 01-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I can watch my webcam via Orb but I don't know about your security system. I guess it would have to show up as a recognized device on your PC for Orb to detect it. If you get it set with Orb, you can watch it on a PPC or a desktop PC via web browser.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800 mogul

Stevenewjersey is a n00b
You can setup a streaming server app on your PC and get ORB to show it NP. Alot of people do it.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nebel777 is a n00b
So where do I get ORB?

Where is it exactly that I can get ORB...and how do I set up a "streaming server". FYI: I downloaded the MobileHomecam webcam program from this website http://ppcfreewarez.com/index.php?op...d=32&Itemid=31
But I don't really understand how to work it...it just asks for a username and password.
Thanks for the info though guys...I'll look around for that program til you hopefully get back to me.
Stevo
Old 01-24-2008, 12:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The Pro 2.0

Ovendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebel777 View Post
Where is it exactly that I can get ORB...and how do I set up a "streaming server". FYI: I downloaded the MobileHomecam webcam program from this website http://ppcfreewarez.com/index.php?op...d=32&Itemid=31
But I don't really understand how to work it...it just asks for a username and password.
Thanks for the info though guys...I'll look around for that program til you hopefully get back to me.
Stevo
Download the Orb program to your computer here ----->
http://www.orb.com/orb/

Then point your phone to the same address & login.

Enjoy.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The Pro 2.0

Ovendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuff
Also, when you google, PPC Bluetooth Controller, you get lots of results...Is anyone successfully using this on their Titan/Mogul?
Old 01-30-2008, 06:26 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nebel777 is a n00b
anyone get the controllers to work

Hey Has anyone had any luck getting any bluetooth controllers to work or...is there a mini usb to mini usb extension cord so I can use a PS3 controller?
Old 01-31-2008, 02:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc vogue
Carrier: sprint

mush2699 is becoming a great contributor
slingbox works well for the surveillance or you can orb streaming running off another program which can flip through all your different cameras webmedia is also free
Old 02-13-2008, 09:12 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nebel777 is a n00b
Slingbox Works great on my Mogul 6800...I've got cable with all my HBO channels and also I've got 3 surveillance cams hooked up so I can watch my crib while I'm gone. All u haters beware....Now I just have another question...
Do they make a mini USB to A/V output adapter, so I can watch whatever is on my phone on my Television????
This would be cool

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software