PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

haislip is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to haislip
Arrow call tones for mogul

i noticed that the mogul does not support call tones, as a solution to anyone wanting call tones do this. call the sprint operator switch to any sprint pcs vision phone in my case i switched my ESN back to my old sanyo katana
i purchased a call tone and then i switched back to my mogul. the process worked for me. remember the call tone only last for 90 days.
also to avoid any prorated charges due to the change from power vision to pcs vision you need to do this on the first day of your billing cycle.

Last edited by haislip; 01-22-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
scroll down to the bottom of the 'forums' page and there is a section devoted to ringtones....

you have a PPC synched to a desktop, why would you ever need to buy a ringtone? Read that forum and it details free desktop mp3 editing software so you can create your own

There are even free websites linked there that will convert a song into a ringtone for you and you can download it to your desktop pc for transfer to your phone
Old 01-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Lights2486 is a n00b
he's referring to "Call Tones". When you call a person's cell and you get a song rather then the standard ring. That is a Call Tone, not a Ring Tone. A ring tone is when your phone rings, it plays a song rather then a ring.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:19 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsall_cooool View Post
scroll down to the bottom of the 'forums' page and there is a section devoted to ringtones....

you have a PPC synched to a desktop, why would you ever need to buy a ringtone? Read that forum and it details free desktop mp3 editing software so you can create your own

There are even free websites linked there that will convert a song into a ringtone for you and you can download it to your desktop pc for transfer to your phone
a call tone is not a ringtone. it is a song someone else hears when they call u instead of ringing.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
i believe thats called a 'ringback' tone, and sprint doesnt offer it on their service
Old 01-21-2008, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 Mogul

tannis is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to tannis Send a message via MSN to tannis Send a message via Yahoo to tannis
oh contrare! sprint does offer calltones... my sis in law has a Sanyo Katana and she can get call tones... kinda sux if you ask me... we can put a man ont he moon but we can't give me mutant seabass with frikin lazers on their... oh uh I mean calltones yes!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

well if so , i stand corrected, but i have yet to see them on any sprint site. and as far as I know, that feature is usually not phone dependent, it plays on the carrier end
Old 01-22-2008, 01:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by haislip View Post

well I guess i never saw it because it seems call tones aren't available for the Mogul, so when i went into digital lounge i never saw them (or with my Treo or Samsung A900)

If you know the name/format of the file you obtained in the original post (and where it got placed in your phone) maybe someone here can figure how to make our own?
Old 01-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The Pro 2.0

Ovendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsall_cooool View Post
well I guess i never saw it because it seems call tones aren't available for the Mogul, so when i went into digital lounge i never saw them (or with my Treo or Samsung A900)

If you know the name/format of the file you obtained in the original post (and where it got placed in your phone) maybe someone here can figure how to make our own?
Call tones have been out for 2 years and some pretty intelligent folks on other forums haven't cracked this. Probably because its not a file that's downloaded to the phone, its stored on the network.

Unfortunately, I think this is uncrackable and unhackable.

I will also confirm the OP..I set a call tone up on my line with a 755p active, then activated my Mogul..call tone still works.

Last edited by Ovendoor; 01-22-2008 at 06:41 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software