PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible for PTT on ppc's????

Is there any program to use push to talk like on the boost or nextel. The i930 has windows mobile but thats as far as Ive looked into it since I have to idea about programming. Is there a program now or is it even possible to load boost minutes on the ppc to use the ptt feature. I have sprint and there are sprint phones with the ptt. Ive searched google a bunch and the direct connect or ptt is send over a cellular connection making it at least somewhat possible. This might all be a pipe dream but I would love it since I kinda miss the direct connect from my nextel days.

Any opinions welcome even if you wanna call me a frickin idiot for even bringing this up.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I assume it depends on your device. I've never looked into it because I think PTT is one of the most obnoxious things to ever grace the planet Either way you can always just use speed dial and speaker phone if you need that kind of thing and it doesn't even require you to hit that chirp button every time you want to talk.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint hero
Carrier: sprint

98classic is keeping up the good work98classic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to 98classic
i think its a no go since ppc's cant connect to the iden network
Old 01-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff
Yah I figured it wouldnt work...I have a 6700 on sprint and I have read people changing them to verizon and such with the kitchen so to connect to an iden network might be possible. Its not really the point of speed dial because I have all my favorites on htc home and I dial right from there most of the time but alot of my friends use nextel/boost and it would be cool to two way them. Just another thing that my phone would be able to do that would piss people off.

Also on a side note sprint already has phones that connect to the cdma network and the iden network. Like the ic502

Last edited by reeg420; 01-15-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Palringo has a ptt feature but its limited to the buddylists of your IM clients -- aim, yahoo, ect.

its not a standalone app that will just open up a ptt feature for using with all of your contacts.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint hero
Carrier: sprint

98classic is keeping up the good work98classic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to 98classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeg420 View Post
Yah I figured it wouldnt work...I have a 6700 on sprint and I have read people changing them to verizon and such with the kitchen so to connect to an iden network might be possible. Its not really the point of speed dial because I have all my favorites on htc home and I dial right from there most of the time but alot of my friends use nextel/boost and it would be cool to two way them. Just another thing that my phone would be able to do that would piss people off.

Also on a side note sprint already has phones that connect to the cdma network and the iden network. Like the ic502

yea because verizon and sprint are both cdma carriers, if you tried to take a cdma phone over to a gsm provider it wouldnt work, same with the iden network. the phones you talk about are hybrid phones which connect to the two different networks. the ppc's just dont have the capability to connect to anyother band besides cdma or gsm. the i930 isnt even a hybrid phone so it only works on iden and not the sprint cdma network.

hopefully i'm explaining myself right.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: SprintTel

hi-tech is a n00b
^^ Yep, your exactly right, in a nutshell. No software can mimic what's phyiscally missing from the device. In this case the iDen network transmitter.

(Like in the Vogue's case, a WiFi antenna... )
Old 01-16-2008, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Lord Bricks is just getting started
but sprint's q-chat software solution should be able to address this. thankfully the touch is evdo rev.a upgradeable!
Old 01-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98classic View Post
yea because verizon and sprint are both cdma carriers, if you tried to take a cdma phone over to a gsm provider it wouldnt work, same with the iden network. the phones you talk about are hybrid phones which connect to the two different networks. the ppc's just dont have the capability to connect to anyother band besides cdma or gsm. the i930 isnt even a hybrid phone so it only works on iden and not the sprint cdma network.

hopefully i'm explaining myself right.
The i930 might not be a hybrid, but it's also a GSM even if you unlock it. Believe you me, I had one, and as soon as I had it unlocked, it not only worked on Boost and Nextel, but also for any GSM provider as well.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-

Last edited by blasphemous_prime; 01-16-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

yeah thats kinda what I figured more of a hardware issue. Ah some food for thought.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software