PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2006, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kaiguy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tweaks2K2 .NET worth it?

Is Tweaks2K2 .NET worth the purchase? How many of those tweaks do people actually use?
Old 12-22-2006, 07:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
ive given a few revisions of it a whirl, and i can tell you that the program is worthless, difficult to use, screws up your phones functionality and conflicts with a lot of changes you may make yourself.

very few of the functions you will use,... if you are looking for a clean hack program that seems to focus on the more mainstream hacks, i recommend trainglepowers PPC-Hacks program.

if this program does not have what you are looking for, i would spend the extra 5 minutes of registry editing yourself for those changes you feel you need.

-> this of course is my opinion as many people swear by this program, but I am unable to reccomend this application for any reason.

either way, give it a try, just please backup your device first, and if having to hard reset after "playing" with some of the options scares you, then steer clear.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:02 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
IMHO no paid hacks program is worth it. Specially when u can do as JBabey said and whip out ole PHM or Resco and have the edits don urself in a matter of mins. :P But it does make it alittle simpler.....just not worth the $$ to me.
~Mike

Old 12-22-2006, 09:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

orangesuburban is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
IMHO no paid hacks program is worth it.
~Mike
agreed, thats why i acquired 2k2. the 6700 is a lot easier to hack then the 700wx is, for me at least, i cant get ANY manual regedits to stick on my 700wx. but when i use programs to do it, such as 2k2 they work fine. it was the easiest/fastest way i have found to remove the text sent message. i like the program for that one feature.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Tweaks2K2 .NET worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiguy
Is Tweaks2K2 .NET worth the purchase? How many of those tweaks do people actually use?
One of my favorite apps and never had it screw up. If it is screwing up you (JBabey) are implementing hacks that shouldn't be used, plain and simple. Used extensively on the 6700 and 700wx (though the later needed it less)

It also wins awards year after year from pocketpc.mag for "Best Software" so some people consider it not worthless.

The benefit of Tweaks is

1) the developer Citanic often finds this tweaks and enhancements before the community does (at least the major ones like the SD cache one) and he's the one that found all the cache/memory enhancements that people do today on their 6700's

2) The program explains what exactly the hack is and who should be doing it, which is handy for new users

3)
It's basically a working record of what you changed and what you didn't, allowing you to quickly undo anything you changed

Now, if I had faith in the everyday PDA phone user and they were all nerds who spent ours playing with their registries then maybe not. But everyone is not a power user, not everyone wants to figure out registry stuff and if you look around here and other sites, you'll find hundreds of "I changed something in my registry...how do I get it back?" or "My phone is screwed up now..." blah blah.

So I recommend it if you are new and don't want to spend hours reading through reg tweak lists, learning if it actually works on your device, writing it all down etc. I can do all my tweaks after a hard reset in 25 seconds and know what I changed exactly.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:56 AM

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangesuburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
IMHO no paid hacks program is worth it.
~Mike
agreed, thats why i acquired 2k2. the 6700 is a lot easier to hack then the 700wx is, for me at least, i cant get ANY manual regedits to stick on my 700wx. but when i use programs to do it, such as 2k2 they work fine. it was the easiest/fastest way i have found to remove the text sent message. i like the program for that one feature.
all the hacks work on the 700wx. are you resetting via the button or software?

If you do the File based/Hive based registry change it'll fix this. The reason your hacks don't stick is the same reason for everyone: you are probably soft reseting within a minute via the hardware button, which basically erases the change since it has not yet written from RAM to ROM.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

orangesuburban is a n00b
i was doing hacks the same way i was on the 6700, using total commander, go to the string change it. exit out of it, reset via the button. it worked on the 6700 every time. but thanks for the info.

since your back, Mal, question, is there a way to get the 700wx to operate like the 6700 in text messaging. when i type a SMS over 160 characters it will automatically break it up into more then 1 text and send it, rather then having to stop, send type more...?
Old 12-22-2006, 11:49 AM

Quote:
i was doing hacks the same way i was on the 6700, using total commander, go to the string change it. exit out of it, reset via the button. it worked on the 6700 every time. but thanks for the info.

since your back, Mal, question, is there a way to get the 700wx to operate like the 6700 in text messaging. when i type a SMS over 160 characters it will automatically break it up into more then 1 text and send it, rather then having to stop, send type more...?
yeah, the reg tweaks/making the stay is finicky in WM5. Best bet is to make them and power off the device for 1 or more minutes or soft reset using a utility.

The SMS thing: not the default system, I'm not aware but I'm 90% sure the Palm Threaded SMS does do this automatically.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Sonin66 is becoming a great contributor
[quote="Malatesta"]
Quote:
The SMS thing: not the default system, I'm not aware but I'm 90% sure the Palm Threaded SMS does do this automatically.
it does, it can break it up past 2 text also
Old 12-22-2006, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

orangesuburban is a n00b
well thats cool, but with 60 pages in the threaded SMS thread im a little scared to do it lol.

clean up the sticky with just the facts and ill give it a go. :P

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software