PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2006, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: VZW

SMix is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ok so im not alone, yah I have tried the one from the website, the one from the link, and the other one from a link in here posted as version 1.0 as opposed to i think like 2.4 and 2.6? either way it just doesn't wanna work and it's pissing me off, mainly cuz i can sit at work on my wifi hooked up to a pc for power, but it just isn't working, WTF!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:19 AM
N00b

itsastckup is a n00b
uninstall pocket pro and start from scratch. If you have something like mem-maid, run it just in case there are left over registry files or things of that nature. Reinstall thru activesync and tap the cab file, it should ask you where you want to install, I would install on my storage card (just because its where I put everything). remove your ppc from the docking base and go to programs and your icon will be there.

Let me clarify, I had the problem you are having when i first installed. Since then i uninstalled and reinstalled and its been working great ever since.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:44 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
updated the link in the second post to point at the freeware site so we have no more dead links.
~mike

Old 08-23-2006, 04:06 PM
N00b

itsastckup is a n00b
can someone explain bit torrents to me? I'm not understanding how it differs from p2p application like pocket g2 or kazaa and such.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

bunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bunnytrigger Send a message via MSN to bunnytrigger Send a message via Yahoo to bunnytrigger Send a message via Skype™ to bunnytrigger
bittorrent is the shitznit!!!!

haven't you heard? corporations are the new government. They're constitutionally-exempt.

92% of teens have moved onto WoW. if you are part of the 8% that still play REAL games, copy n paste

Old 08-24-2006, 10:30 AM
N00b

itsastckup is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnytrigger
bittorrent is the shitznit!!!!
Thanks for the explanation bunny. *sarcasm*
Old 08-24-2006, 12:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

bunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bunnytrigger Send a message via MSN to bunnytrigger Send a message via Yahoo to bunnytrigger Send a message via Skype™ to bunnytrigger
fine, here it goes as said by the wikies :

"Bittorrent is the name of a peer-to-peer (P2P) file distribution client application, its related file sharing protocol, and a company that maintains these, BitTorrent Inc., all of which were created by programmer Bram Cohen. BitTorrent is designed to distribute large amounts of data widely without incurring the corresponding consumption in costly server and bandwidth resources. CacheLogic suggests that BitTorrent traffic accounts for ~35% of all traffic on the Internet,[1] while other sources are skeptical.[2]

The original BitTorrent application was written in Python. Its source code, as of version 4.0, has been released under the BitTorrent Open Source License, which is a modified version of the Jabber Open Source License. There are numerous compatible clients, written in a variety of programming languages, and running on a variety of computing platforms.

BitTorrent clients are programs which implement the BitTorrent protocol. Each BitTorrent client is capable of preparing, requesting, and transmitting any type of computer file over a network using the BitTorrent protocol. This includes text, audio, video, encrypted content, and other types of digital information."
Old 11-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Atrix 4G
Carrier: AT&T

jamaa124 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to jamaa124 Send a message via AIM to jamaa124 Send a message via MSN to jamaa124 Send a message via Yahoo to jamaa124 Send a message via Skype™ to jamaa124
I just checked out pocketg2.com and they are finished with the beta testing. PocketG2 version 1 is out now, but its not letting me download the cab file.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:58 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
haha had issues with their site for the longest....I'm still runnin the alpha version with not to many issues. it available at ppcfreewarez.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Sweet! One more app to pay with. WinMobile Torrent is a little too pricey for my P2P taste. When will these developers learn that they would make a lot more money by selling in volume for less.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software