PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 08:38 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
TCPMP vs CorePlayer

is CorePlayer a new version of TCPMP? did it switch names, or is it something completely different? thanx for you input ^^
Old 01-06-2008, 12:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

thehelios is a n00b
TCPMP is the "beta" version of Coreplayer. All coreplayer has over tcpmp is the fancy gui and I think a codec or two. I don't use the extra supported codecs and stick with tcpmp since .72 supports .flv while coreplayer cant (due to rights issues).
Old 01-06-2008, 12:23 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
^Right, 9/10 coreplayer isn't worth it.

TCPMP is the best out there IMHO.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SprintTouch Pro 2

ChristianProgrammer is a n00b
I have this set up running You Tube (the real One not Mobile Just Fine) But what if you have a *.flv on your card how can I play that ???? C'mon you've all saved a flv or two from FireFox ....like I said you tube (real one) runs wonderfully, ( theres video settings if its choppy look at them !! They Made a difference ! ) But what If I HAVE the flv.. I cant open it in TCPMP or MediaPlayer mobile...lil Help Plezzz
Old 01-07-2008, 01:57 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
?? You know you don't need FF to save them right.

There a plugin out there that'll let you play them just fine, the latest Skunkware flashmovieplugin will let you save the .flv from the device itself.

I'm sure someone has the plugin on here, if you find them, just move the 2 files over into TCPMP's folder & you're set.

Search in some of the Stickies in the Titan section, you might find it.

Last edited by Genjinaro; 01-07-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
In "Advanced Configuration", I just assigned .FLV files to be played by TCMP and can play ones that I have downloaded.

What I can't do (yet) is play FLV files online from sites other than YouTube. I always get the message that a new Flash Player is needed. Does anyone know how to make TCMP play other online FLVs?
Old 03-14-2008, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

sonicboom is keeping up the good worksonicboom is keeping up the good worksonicboom is keeping up the good work
Re: TCPMP vs CorePlayer

I can play h.264 videos on my sprint touch using tcpmp, but I seem to consistantly get choppy frame rates in the same parts of the clips...
I have attached two zip files to this post which contain two h.264 2-minute clips I ripped from #1 dvd burner from the movie Tears of the Sun. If someone could play them both for me in coreplayer I'd really appreciate it. I also think this will help people to figure out whether or not Corplayer is really better than TCPMP (Youtube issues aside)
also - there is no nudity, language, or violence in either of the clips for anyone who might be concerned....thanks for the help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip TEARS_OF_THE_SUN_rip 1.zip (5.40 MB, 55 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip TEARS_OF_THE_SUN_rip 2.zip (3.79 MB, 33 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by sonicboom; 03-14-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
I can play h.264 videos on my sprint touch using tcpmp, but I seem to consistantly get choppy frame rates in the same parts of the clips...
I have attached two zip files to this post which contain two h.264 2-minute clips I ripped from #1 dvd burner from the movie Tears of the Sun. If someone could play them both for me in coreplayer I'd really appreciate it. I also think this will help people to figure out whether or not Corplayer is really better than TCPMP (Youtube issues aside)
also - there is no nudity, language, or violence in either of the clips for anyone who might be concerned....thanks for the help!

this is one of my favorite movies of all time!!! I lost mine and cant find it anywhere...anyways, +1 for tcpmp for me. Not really pretty but it handles EVERY type of file i can throw at it. Of course h.263/264 are choppy b/c the mogul is not powerful enough to decompress the video fast enough for smooth playback. MJpeg also will not work. With that said i like that i can amplify the music in tcpmp(i like LOUD music for my workouts), slow it down,
speed it up, all that stuff. I do wish there were skins though.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 03-20-2008, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700

Pir8Man is keeping up the good workPir8Man is keeping up the good work

why use tcpmp 0.72 and not 0.81?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular