PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 850e' / HTC Touch Pro 2 / Sprint Evo 4G !
Carrier: Sprint

Sprints700wx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well know how to remove that dam Home key that pinded itself to my left softkey....? i unistalled it and deleted all the propper files and still nothing....

i tryed this and the app is pretty responsive and rather good..its just that ure not able to customize it .like color etc....
Old 01-01-2008, 04:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
i just gotta try everything dont i. well i like change but this is one i just dont know is worth it. i fell as if i am taking extra steps getting to the stuff i need.

i do think they did better than the spb mobile shell overlay of the os. i did like spb's "now screen" better though.

uninstalling it now as well. we'll see if i miss it.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch

Epyon9283 is a n00b
Well I'm pissed. It changed the softkey on the home screen from calendar to home. When I uninstalled it, the key changed to Phone. Wonderful. I'm never ever installing this POS again. Never going to recommend anyone else does either.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore
i know i had to hard reset after locked up my phone
Old 01-01-2008, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung for the "Moment"

pg2k3 is becoming a great contributor
Ill try this when I get home from work today. Ill back my sys registry up just in case.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon9283 View Post
Well I'm pissed. It changed the softkey on the home screen from calendar to home. When I uninstalled it, the key changed to Phone. Wonderful. I'm never ever installing this POS again. Never going to recommend anyone else does either.
So why not change it back to Calendar if that's what you what it to show as?
Old 01-01-2008, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

OffUrRcker is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to OffUrRcker
haha pdx are you serious? A registry edit is practically surgery, epyon has neither the tools nor the steady hand for a procedure like that..

Google "change softkey," n00b... It's a simple registry edit. "Never installing the software again because it didn't change his softkey back for him perfectly.."
:]
Old 01-01-2008, 07:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Bell.ca CDMA)
Carrier: Bell

acarnut is a n00b
I tried it as I'm installing the updated ROMs to my CDMA Touch shortly.

A nice work-in-progress. It lacks a 'today' page, where you can see outstanding messages, tasks, appointments, etc, and the dialer was broken - if it had a dialer. A matching rltoday skin for the WM6 today page and for the dialer would go nicely with this (plus a lot of bug hunting).

It also messed with the Touch camera and vol hardware buttons.

And it appears to have erased 1.5 gigs of stuff from my SD card... curiously, only the subdirs were deleted, and the half dozen MP3s on the root are intact. The subdirs were only for copies of MP3s and CAB files, so the only thing lost was the CAB for this application, which I had downloaded directly.

Definatly *not* for those not prepared to be on the 'bleeding' edge of software development.

On the other hand, this looks like a good calling card for developers if they are looking to attact Mr Bill's attention and get a wedge in the door to the new WM7 UI.

DaveH
Old 01-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Lurker

Ouhei is a n00b
EXTREMELY well put together but it feels so disconnected from the rest of the phone, going into contacts or opening programs feels like it takes a lot more effort than with the traditional today screen.

I'll keep tinkering with it to see, but if they continue to develop this it will be a must have for sure.

btw, you can fix the sliding motions in the settings.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Zyphlin is keeping up the good workZyphlin is keeping up the good work
This is definitely something to build upon, but right now I just can't get into it.

First off, I can't stand products that take over my phone. My left softkey is now set to this "home" program, and I think I'll have to get a registry fix to fix it. On top of that, I uninstalled the program in "remove programs" and yet its still there, and the soft key is still there.

I can't seem to get the weather program working. I have full bars, but I keep getting warning signs popping up as it tries to get data, and then it fails. Occasionally it will succeed, but unless I succeeded in every previous attempt in that route it won't give me the actual info. (IE, lets say I get US, Virginia, and then hit H for my town and that fails. It will send me back to letters. I hit H and it works this time, but suddenly I'm picking from a random letter with international cities all over like Paris).

The lack of skinning is a bit of an annoyance as well and makes it something I just won't be able to use right now due to my care for how my phone looks. I click on any program and suddenly my bottom bar is black and white, my top bar looks completely different. So I'd need to change my whole theme.

Finally, the scrolling is really counter intuitive compared to what I found when I first started using my Touch.

Its got great flow to the program, and I would love to have a simple today theme that was able to flow like it does. It has a lot to build upon...if it was more fully customizable or able to run in a normal WM setting with WM's top and bottom bars, that would maybe make it more useful to me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software