PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So I take it I'm the only one on here who actually likes this app?

For a 1st time release it's not bad, sure there's improvements that can be made and they are working on it. I mean hell, not even 2 days after it was released they already updated it.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Lurker

2manyphones is a n00b
I like it!

Yes, for a first release this is very good - IMO. Considering I tweak the heck out of things, I had this loaded on my Touch XL, with the weather configured in about 10 minutes. With that kind of "out of the box" ease, the developers certainly deserve huge credit. I do use an iPhone for day to day use, so I can tell you this is as close as I have come to a stylus free interface - without hours customizing with wisbar, SPB or grumps iphone flash program.

Keep up the good work guys!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=349647
Old 01-03-2008, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

Gilliland is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
No, almost everyone likes it. There are bound to be a couple of naysayers, but overall it has received very high praise. Clearly, it is in its early stages - there's a lot of room to expand it beyond its current capabilities. But as a UI, it is head and shoulders above anything else available for WM.

At the moment, though, it is quite limited in its capabilities. There's very little that you can do to customize it, and certain features (access to a Contacts list or a Dialer, for example) are glaring in their absence. I'm optimistic that these issues will all be addressed over time, and based on the responsiveness of the developers so far, it will probably be sooner rather than later.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Thumbs up I approve and was impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post

For a 1st time release it's not bad, sure there's improvements that can be made and they are working on it. I mean hell, not even 2 days after it was released they already updated it.
I like it and gave it a positive review here (w/ screen shots) =D>

It runs very well on my 700wx, though installed on a stock ROM Mogul with no Tweaks I was surprised at how sluggish the animation was (then again, not really as I'm generally underwhelmed by the Mogul as a whole).

Amongst all the "free" apps out there, it's quite good and development on it is just starting. In a forum like PPCGeeks, where everyone is customizing and tweaking till no end, such a currently limited program won't go over as well, but for basic users it's definitely on the right track and simplifies basic operations, imo.

You can also assign your preferred apps (calendar, music player, etc) by doing some simple reg tweaks for now. It was all detailed on their site:
http://forums.pointui.com/viewtopic.php?t=136
Old 01-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv 6800
Carrier: VZW

ggaeta is becoming a great contributor
i really like this. Using 1.01b
pros
1) fast
2) great interface
3) compatible with s2u2
4) pretty
5) new and different
6) i like the force quit option for progs
7) works well in both portrait and landscape

Cons
1) takes a little to get used to it (counter intuative motions)
2) . . .

i have not tried to uninstall yet. but i will be getting a new phone tomorrow (13th phone) so it wont be a problem if i need to Hard reset
Old 01-04-2008, 02:57 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
PointUI - anyone use it?

Just curious if anyone uses this.

I got it last night and I actually like it a lot - dumped HTC Home, as a matter of fact, and my device seems to be much quicker since doing that.

The only thing is that I can't figure out how to easily force-close programs with PointUI and I will send a suggestion to them to add a task manager or a press-and-hold X to close option...

I also don't like the blue. I need to figure out how to change this to another color.

But for an early release, it seems to be pretty stable and it does a fairly good job masking the ugly WM UI down beneath.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

doanius is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Just curious if anyone uses this.

I got it last night and I actually like it a lot - dumped HTC Home, as a matter of fact, and my device seems to be much quicker since doing that.

The only thing is that I can't figure out how to easily force-close programs with PointUI and I will send a suggestion to them to add a task manager or a press-and-hold X to close option...

I also don't like the blue. I need to figure out how to change this to another color.

But for an early release, it seems to be pretty stable and it does a fairly good job masking the ugly WM UI down beneath.
I installed it last week on my vogue and it's working pretty well. I am seeing some freezing happening when I am on the home screen and I am using my finger to navigate the ribbon. if I get to either end of the ribbon and keep going, it will freeze up and my only option is to reset the device. other than that, it's a very well done UI. I can't wait for other features and fixes. =D>
Old 01-04-2008, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch/ soon the Raphael...

gonzo1082 is just getting started
its working fine for me, no problems so far. i really like the change in UI. but i hate the blue theme, it would be nice if there was some sort of option for a theme change or even use a background picture. as mentioned prev. i also hate the fact that i have to go through a few menus in order to really close runing apps. but besides that it's a nice welcome change. no lag on the phone.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
I feel it limits the phone... its annoying to me... but it does look nice
Old 01-04-2008, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

iamjfarrell is a n00b
I love it... I am standing beside this and can't wait for it to become even better! Everything else is crap. I like the blue. I am usually biased towards black but the blue has grown on me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software