PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2007, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

CDRacingZX6R is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any free, or really cheap quickbooks or quicken type programs?

Looking for some financial management programs. Cheaper or free better. Any recommendations from anyone here?
Old 12-29-2007, 12:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: Sprint

princelton is a n00b
I searched high and low, and here's what I found.... MS money mobile 06 is free but was discontinued, BUT if you search the net hard you can find a link to the MS money 06 mobile download page (this is at the Microsoft mobile site but for some reason I couldn't find it by searching the Microsoft site itself; obsolete makes it hard to find, but not gone?) This download is free, but MS money 06 for the PC is no longer available from MS, (nor is it free) but a copy is probably out there..... I however found it lame, clunky, and well..... microsoftee So I removed it and kept searching.... I found ALOT of free ware ones, mostly no-namers that look like a guy made it for his needs and released it; none of these fit my needs. There is a pay one that looked good to me, Ultra soft money, I almost just bought it ( I think I later found a free trial tho f.y.i.) but I found reference to it after clicking a link for what was supposed to be MS money, and went to what looked like the Microsoft site, but was to download this other company's (Ultrasoft) Money software, I didn't see the little padlock that is usually at the Microsoft site, so I panicked.... disconnected from the net, unplugged the router, re-started, peeked out the blinds, checked the phones for taps, then logged back on and ran a spyware check and virus check (paranoid people aren't ALWAYS wrong, you know.) After this I found pocket quicken 2.5. I read that some people without any quicken knowledge may struggle, I didn't. I am still on the 30 day free trial but like it so much I will buy it. I may even buy one of the quicken's for my home machine, but we'll see...... hope this helps
Old 12-29-2007, 01:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

CDRacingZX6R is a n00b
Found and trying MS money mobile. Thanks for the advice. If it doensMS money mobile 06t fit my needs like it didnt yours I'll check it your other recommendations!

Thanks for answering!
Old 12-29-2007, 01:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: Sprint

princelton is a n00b
no prob, good luck!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software